Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Powell FLY Fishing
I'm going to be in Powell next week for four or five days and i have fly fished there before but with limited success. It's still a little early in the year to be targeting striper boils and i will be camping in warm creek bay so my guess is I will be looking to go after some largemouth and bluegill that have taken over the newly submerged tamarisk. My question is, does anybody have some ideas on patterns to tie. I have a whole box of stuff I have already tied including wooly buggers, zonkers, damselflies, hoppers, poppers, etc. Does anyone know if chronimids are effective patterns? I am interested in dropping some nymphs down to some of the bluegills behind a popper or hopper. Any tips are greatly appreciated. If anyone would like to swap some patterns I will gladly send you some pictures/recipes of some of mine.
[signature]
Most your buggers, zugs, and damsels will work for bluegil and bass. Black, brown, olive, orange, and white are good bugger colors.
[signature]
I know I would be trying Chironomids for sure. They are a staple. Maybe black and white and an Olive one.

Maybe Chartreuse, yellow and white buggers also.....Stripers!!!!!!
[signature]