Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where to go in Canada?
I have recently purchased a 14' aluminum v-hull with a 40hp outboard and my friends are already talking about trips to Canada for some muskies, pike, and walleyes. I live in central Pennsylvania and was wondering where the good lakes in Canada are that we could drive to? I would like to go and do some tent camping next to the lake...
[signature]
The Ottawa are has two great Musky opportunities.

The Ottawa River and the Rideau River... Rideau River Provincial Park will give you the opportunity to do some solid trolling and casting for Musky.

Murphy's Point Provincial Park is also an option, great Walleye and Pike fishing to be had there. It is situated right on Big Rideau Lake... great camping sites there as well.
[signature]
I know the spot of spots in central Quebec. Tent camp right on the lake. Bear hunting is great, so is the eye and northern pike fishing! Look up Zec Kipawa. You can buy Zec permits at the town of Temiscaming on the border of Ontario and Quebec for everything you want to do. I fished Grassy, Watson, and Wolf lakes. There is a really nice camping spot right on Grassy. e-mail me for more info.

Captain Brian
[signature]
GREAT SLAVE LAKE!!!!! but make your buddy pay for all the gas!
[signature]
North-western Ontario... its about 5 hours north on Minneapolis. I stayed at Clearwater Lodge and it was awesome... we would pike and musky fish during the day and walleye fish in the evening... i caught my largest walleye, musky, and pike all in one week. You should check it out... the don't have tenting I don't think, but they have some really cool cabins... I'm thinking about going back, they have some trips listed on ebay!
[signature]
The best lake I have ever gone to in Canada is in Ontario. Lac Seul is the name of the lake. You can drive their. I have been their about 20 times. The best walleye fishing you will ever experience. You can believe this or not, my buddy and myself fished for 5 days and caught 2100 walleyes. We also caught a bunch of big northerns and a 25lb muskie on 4lb test. Here is a link to their website. http://lacseuloutposts.com If you go, let me know how you did and say Hi to Brenda and Ken who own the outpost from George Walters in St Paul
[signature]