Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Indicators
[Image: happy.gif][font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4]While I have made my own indicators, found this system permits moving the indicator only when the user wants it to move. I recently purchased this product for a few bucks and it works real well.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[center][inline 5019282.jpg]
[signature]

[signature]
MAC....it's doing it again!!!!!! ARGH!
[signature]
[center][font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][Image: dumb.gif]Sorry MacFly but I didn't hear what you said. lol[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
I said...................................................

did ya g.. .. ..at t..e ?
[signature]
seriously now.. I was saying my brain may be dead but I followed/understood the jist of the instructions but not sure what the "application loop" is.. is that a fancy name for something that holds the little elastic loops until you need them?

MacFly
[signature]
I hear ya lil bro.....it's like WHAT? What are the bands?
I have made the YARN indicators using two "O" rings.
I just don't care for the yarn. I have a hard enough time making sure my dries float I don't want to have to worry is I DRESSED my indicator.

I will stick to the three I like:
The Slip indicator
The Pop Top
And of course the Thingamabobber.
[signature]
you make good point sis but I was not trying to say it was a bad idea.. just I did not understand that terminology.. Im betting if it was in my hand it would make more sense.. but that may just be me.. :-)

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[left][font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][Image: happy.gif]And I thought that you guys were into expanding you're horizons. Hey MacFly if the picture sequence is confusing then don't start furling you own leaders. That will drive you to drink, [lol] well not if you have Kathy's video. I'm always willing to try something new and I just happen to like the EZ Indicator system. It takes just a few seconds to construct one of any size. BTW I'm not trying to sell anyone on this product, but just pointing out another alternative as to what is available. [/size][/#008000][/font]
[left][font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][/size][/#008000][/font]
[center][font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
[Image: happy.gif][font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4]Forgot to mention that my local fly shop had several tables last Saturday which at one of them a guide from Long Beach was demoing the use of several different indicators. If I hadn't watched him make an EZ indicator it probably would have been a bit confusing to me too. [/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
my only question was what that one term meant or what it was.. I can only guess its some type of loop that holds some type of o ring until you need it to cinch down the yarm being used as the indicator.. Ive not used any type of indicator while fly fishing yet.. IM always open to suggestion.. maybe to a fault as my wife would say.. :-)

as for the furled leaders.. it would be like me trying to make one of those beaded headbands on a beading loom from years ago.. I could not do that then.. and I dont think I could do a furled leader now.. :-).. but again.. thats just me..

MacFly
[signature]