Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
looking for trout
Hi

I live in New Haven and work in Milford, in short I am looking for new trout waters. I curently fish the Mill River in Handen (sleeping giant) and it produces well but I am looking for new waters. I am just getting back into fishing and I love it but I now know the Mill and I want to try my hand at "reading" waters I have not been to a few dozen times. I mainly fish after work in the last 2 hrs of the day so I cant travel all that far and most weekends I cant often get to the water. I looked for Race Brook but to hell if I cant find the damn thing[shocked]. Any tips on where you guys think I could find new ground would be great (I fish spinning gear but am trying to learning flies and I fish about 80% C&R so I wont come in and take all your fish home [Smile] ...but I might eat a few)

peace
Jim
[signature]
I took the grandkids to a trout park in north haven off of exit 13. Nice place and you can dunk a worm or flyfish. I did see some trout coming out of the pond, so they stock it well. Good luck and welcome to BFT.
[signature]