Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing with a Mouse - TR
So after gaining some new information on how to tie a mouse I tied up a few versions and hit my favorite local hole, Little Harding Lake. Unfortunately living in Fairbanks, there's not much salmon/halibut fishing. And working so much I haven't gotten down south yet this year. It'll come though.

But I really like fishing this spot as there are some monster 'Bows here and its non-motorized boats only. Beautiful too.

So despite forecasts of scattered rain and thunderstorms I head out. Got on the water and it was nice. An hour later it was ominious, the sky and myself...
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=49642]

Then it was pouring but no signs at all of thunder or lightening so I toughed it out.
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=49643]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=49644]

I caught a number of decent bows that day but no monsters. At the end of the day I tied on my new mouse and one little guy came out to play. He was the most beat up guy I've seen come out of this lake but a nice one none the less!
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=49645]

I didn't put any vitals for the temps, time, etc as I don't think anyone here will be utilizing that info. But if anyone is interested, just let me know. This was just for entertainment primarily and thanks for Mouse recipies. You'll notice a spun deer hair version landed the fish. It was the only I tried as the wind slowed and the skeeters were eating me alive and I had to get out!
[signature]
RIGHT ON!!! I love hearing about MOUSE patterns working. They are soooo cool. PLUS TOP ACTION....it don't get no better!
[signature]
Do you see my attached pics FG? I don't see them on mine... I was going to put them into the post..

Anyhow, I'll figure that out tomorrow. I'm headed back out there riiiiggghttt..... now! see ya
[signature]
No pictures, but I can wait......maybe[crazy]
[signature]
[font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][Image: happy.gif]Hi there hartz and thanks for your detailed report. Looking forward to seeing some pics. If you need any help give us a shout.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
[font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][Image: happy.gif] Noticed the time of your report was 7:04pm but then again you still have several hours of fishing left up there. Good luck.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
Yea, the daylight up here is a double edged sword. One one side, you can fish until midnight and still have light out. But on the other side, you HAVE to fish until midnight or start late because the action doesn't get hot until those wee hours. We all burn the candle at both ends in the summers and are hermits in the winter (although the skiing is outstanding... just not in the 'Banks... too flat, not enough snow).

Here's some more pics from last night, 3 scenics and a fish. Got a few decent bows but definitely not the monster I'm looking for. Hope you all enjoy!

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=49691]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=49692]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=49693]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=49694]
[signature]
Looks GREAT to me, all the way around. We have had rain mixed with more rain, on top of more rain. With seconds of sun just to tease.
[signature]
great looking pics.. [Smile]

hey sis.. why dont you send some of that rain back this way..we could use it for sure..

MacFly
[signature]
i love the pictures. keep them comin
[signature]