Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fishing buddies
it was a saturday morning in tennesse and the water was perfect.i was out on the lake in a 12 ft jon boat with my freind.we were fishing all day and catching a few ,the shinners we got at the bait shop were very large all most 3 inches long when i pulledout a shinners that was 4 inchs long and hooked it up for my buddy when he cast it out the float was really moveing around and bobing up and down,i mad a joke that it was a hurcles minnow and we had a good laugh ,then all of a sudden something hit the minnowand hit it hard. the boat stated to turn around i was in amazement of how strong the fish was as ut was pulling the boat around the point of the river bed we were in this lasted about 9 minutes then broke the line as it came to the surface it was a 6&half foot gar biggest fish i have evr had on my linne before .we sat in the bot for 10 min not saying anything .no one would beleave we had caught a fish of a life time and we laughed at each other because we lost it.
[signature]
sounds like another one of those "fisherman's tales". haha.I have plenty of those that nobody believes that are the absolute truth.

joe
[signature]
yep got a lot no one seems to believe myself like hooking a marlin with two other guys or free gaffing 12 YT on the horseshoe kelp one day high gaff of the day LOL also free gaffed a 150# bigeye one year stupid stupid stupid

chris
[signature]
you free gaffed 12 yellows??? no way! haha. and that big eye.... 150# haha!

joe
[signature]
not only did i have high gaff i had more then anybody on the boat the other deckhand gaffed four dont remember if we added those to the count or not and about that bigeye dont recomend anybody try that all most pulled the gaff out of my hand before i got some help then the damm thing was so "hot" he knocked down 5/6 people the captian was so hot he almost fired me

chris
[signature]
I want to know how you land a gar. Those things have nasty teeth. Is that what you were fishing for?
[signature]
[indent][right]gar have nasty teeth but like gators no opening power all downfall,they are fun when nothing else is biteing,also i am tring to get a record fish for tenneesse so they are a hobby or pet project of mine,one of they hardest fights you get come from the really big ones,just remember that with everything care is needed when handleing them,i use long handled needled nose pliers to remove hooks and a big landing net. good luck . [/right][/indent]
[signature]
Thanks Day
[signature]