Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fishing spot help???
Hi Everyone!

I'm not really a fisher myself, but my boyfriend is. It's gonna be our 7 year anniversary this year and I wanted to plan a special fishing trip for him as his gift. The only thing is that it's pretty hard to plan this kinda stuff when you have no idea what you are looking for.

This is what I know about our status on fishing:
~ he like freshwater
~we don't own a boat or tracking equipment, but we are willing to rent one on location
~ he prefers fish that will give him a bit of a fight

Our anniversary is the weekend of 7/11 and I plan to go then. I really need help with any spots that you think would be appropriate, what to buy, which bait to use... any pointers you can give.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated and I apologize for being such a pain. I was just really hoping to make the day really nice for him. Thanks a bunch!

PS- I was also planning on getting him a really nice reel too, so if anyone has any advice on that too, it would be greatly appreciated
[signature]
First off, how far are u willing to travel to get to that nice little slice of heaven and go fishing??? If you are going for a few days and wanna travel 4hours or so i have the perfect place for u. Let me know if you are interested.

Now if you want to get him a really good reel we need to know if he uses spinning or casting equipment?

Fill us in on a little more detail and we will get you all fixed up. [cool]
[signature]
Thanks for responding to me so quickly. I'm going to go from July 9th until the morning of July 12th (Thurs to Sunday), so a little drive will be no trouble. I am absolutely interested in your lil slice of heaven[Smile]

I asked him about what kind of reels he has now and he told me that he has spinners. But if he has is already should I get him a casting one instead?

I guess that's it. Let me know if you have any other questions, and i'll do my best to answer them. Thanks again, I really do appreciate it!
[signature]
Well if you are willing to drive 4 hours or so you can go to Prince Gallitzin State Park. It a really nice place, they have camping right on the lake and boat rentals right at the camp site, not to mention great fishing. The bathrooms and shower stalls are very, very clean so no worries there. i will attach a link at the bottom of the page for more info.

As for a reel, i would recommend getting him a good spinnig reel. If he don't own a casting real that means he don't know how to use one. They can be tricky and frustrating for beginners. I personally recommend the Doug Hannon Wave Spin reels. You can get them for under $100. I have a couple of them and they are the best reels i ever owned. For him i would recommend the DH3000 model. Here is the link for them [url "http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_10200656____SearchResults?ordProd=Y&CMID=BOTTOM_selectitems#itemDetail"]Wave Spin[/url].

If you have any questions on anything just ask. Im up at Prince Gallitzin every weekend, and camp there often so chances are i will be able to answer your questions.

[url "http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/stateParks/parks/princegallitzin.aspx"]Prince Gallitzin State Park Info
[/url]
[signature]