Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i cant catch any fish
ok first hello everyone my wife and i are new to the web site and new to fishing. im fishing in freshwater in ohio for catfish. i started about to 2 months ago and havent caught any fish yet.
ive tried all different types of baits from chicken liver and shrimp to cut bluegills and live gold fish. ive tried bobber fishing and bottom fishing all with no luck. ive been to metro parks, state parks, and even pay lakes. i just dont know what im doing wrong, well if anyones got any addvice, we'd love to here, thanks
the hails
[signature]
[Image: bobwink.gif] hey bro ifishsa here from da other side of the world what kind of catfish you after,i got a few spots a coulple mins from here i can catch all types of catfish saltwater/freshwter
goldfish are fun bait arnt they ya rekn.? i use gold fish when i break into the wetlands at the onkyparinga if i live bait with golfish ill catch a thousand dollars worth of turtles every couple hours there the size of my bak . saltwter mainly fresh upstream and plenty of fresh water containment ponds any way i use a berley float whith mealworms and maggotts a bit of gokat dried prawn biscuits bread milk fullcream half cup currypowder zooplankton dried up and some off dogfood !then you mash the crap out of it before you start throw a berley bomb where your targeting and then sparingly put sum in ya berley float every 5/7 casts it does work! but please do not use unprocessd red meat thats bloody stupid bro anywayyeah haha,lol,but what im getting at is as follows u want for american catfish, float as above/ 45/60/cm trace 12pound 4 fun under your float with size 6 /8/if you can get them no man standing long shankd suicide hooks there hard to find hve a slip on your float or a drag esy/not your actuall drag it a type of gadjet/rig so if the fish are on youll have time to be preparred the idea of that is when goldfish gets spooked if strong enough it will pull exess line under your float maximum another 70cm and if any water felines are around or ect bannggg!! your on use 3 split shots on this rig one straight under mainline just under the float one about 15cm under that and the last on the bottom of the trace bout half an inch of your hook important hook your golfish 4cm /9cm/ behind the reigher of the dorsal be gentle and only pierce the skin to hold it on flik not cast and if you live bait any fish the only ways effective to keep it alive day and night till the big one pierce the skin only bout to cm from rear dorsal but if your amuetuer defnitly get long shanks and hook lightly through the corner of top lip but do it properly and a tip is to get tuna oil well something that relates to your hood and glaze the goldfish with it everynow and again you will get something defnitly with this method go for marsh vs rocks type are this will prove succesfull for catfish they are mainly bottom feeders but this way u will provoke them to strike goodluk i told you buggerall just a brief if you catch any bro let me know and be patient it is fishing!!!if the float method dont work same method completly without the float but just concentrate berley bombs every 15 20 mins look for areas that ARE MARSHY MIXD WITH ROK OR CLIFF THERE CATFISH BRO THEY LIKE MIOOLPHER AND ALGAE GOOD LUK IF YOU WANT ME TO EXPLAIN THOUROUGHLY ASK IF NOT TELL ME HOW YA WENT
[signature]
Welcome to the site Thehails, here is a link to the freshwater fishing boards where you should get an answer to your question.
[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/gforum.cgi?category=70"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/gforum.cgi?category=70[/url]
It also has a catfishing board that might be of some help to you. Good luck with your quest. WH2
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 4][Image: happy.gif]Hi there thehails and welcome to the BFT.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
Hello, The best advice I can give to you is to not give up. Everyone who has been fishing for more than a few months has gone through the same thing. Fishing can be, at least to me, a science. There is a psychology, especially when it comes to fish behavior. Time of day, bait, water temperature, wind etc. etc. all can make the difference between a successful day or not. What I do and what I would recommend to you is to do your homework ahead of time. Go online and check the lakes that you want to fish. See if you can find up to the hour reports by local businesses. One of the things I will do if I am not familiar with a lake is call a local bait and tackle shop. Most people that own these shops take an interest in the local fishing conditions. If you ask very nicely, they usually are very happy to help out. It is also good to reciprocate and go by and give them your business as a way of saying thank you.
I've always believed if you learn something new each time you fish you will be better off the next time. There is no substitute for experience. The more you go, the more you will learn. Good luck to you! Sincerely Kevin McClure
well thanks for all the input from everyone and i finally caught my first fish. its was only a 5lb bull catfish. but im happy i caught one.
[signature]
nice catch their exciting to catch arent they?
[signature]