Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bad weather
This type of story seems to be playing out in lots of areas of the country. It seems the rain just keeps rolling through the country.
I have these 4 tubes at the ready and my yellow Fat Cat is in the van rearing to go.
We had a trip planned today with my son and grand daughter to a walk in lake known for Red Ear. Along comes the rain yet again.
The Yellow Fat Cat is my son's tube and I have it's twin in the van yet.
I sure hope we can work in a trip in the near future. These young folk have busy lives these days. lol Illinoisgiller
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Same story here in Utah. One of the wettest Junes on record. We have to grab a quick trip in between storms if we want to get any fishing.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Several of us had a nice day of fishing on Friday and it has been windy and rainy since. Heavy downpours today (Fathers' Day). But, thankfully, it is supposed to settle down a bit this next week. Have a couple of trips planned...subject to Mama Nature gettin' rowdy again.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[quote Illinoisgiller]This type of story seems to be playing out in lots of areas of the country. It seems the rain just keeps rolling through the country.
I have these 4 tubes at the ready and my yellow Fat Cat is in the van rearing to go.
We had a trip planned today with my son and grand daughter to a walk in lake known for Red Ear. Along comes the rain yet again.
The Yellow Fat Cat is my son's tube and I have it's twin in the van yet.
I sure hope we can work in a trip in the near future. These young folk have busy lives these days. lol Illinoisgiller[/quote]

FOUR float tubes-wow.
What do you need all those for??????
Just asking.

Peter
[signature]
I to share your displeasure with the rain. I had my alarm set for 5 am or some much needed Fathers Day fishing but in the wee hours of the night the lightning flickered and the thunder crashed, and a 3 yr old jumped into bed with me. Needless to say my alarm was soon ignored al the skies flickered and the kid tossed and turned. Hoping to get out this afternoon for a kick around the lake! Good thing is I have not had to water my garden in like 2 weeks![Tongue]
[signature]
Peter, lol It just sort of happened. The two old ones were used by the grandsons a lot. BPS had a sale on the newer #4 at $100. A friend wanted to dump his new Fat Cat for $100.
I have plenty of friends and family to keep them wet from time to time. Illinoisgiller
[signature]
Would like to have some of that rain in south Texas to restore some balance. Most boat ramps are high and dry and rivers barely navigable.
OTOH, That's where pontoons shine, being able to go where even canoes can't.

I also have four non identical pontoons also and would never consider fewer than 2, even if I were the only one using them. My experience has been to tailor for the situation/location where I'm going and always have a backup. If you have to send something in for repair or order parts, the turn around can be as long as a couple of months without. My Discovery Trekker is presently down due to ripped out seat eyelets for example. It will take a couple of weeks before I can get to the repair with some fender washers and glue, cause there's other chores ahead of it.

Pon

[quote Illinoisgiller]Peter, lol It just sort of happened. The two old ones were used by the grandsons a lot. BPS had a sale on the newer #4 at $100. A friend wanted to dump his new Fat Cat for $100.
I have plenty of friends and family to keep them wet from time to time. Illinoisgiller[/quote]
[signature]
[quote peter805]
FOUR float tubes-wow.
What do you need all those for??????
Just asking.

Peter[/quote]

Doesn't every one?
[signature]