Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flaming Gorge 6-14 thru 6-20-09
Just got back from a great trip mack fishing with "the angler", BearLakeMack, Tarponjim and some friends who spend their summers up there.

Mike ("the angler") arranged it all, but Sadly had to leave early. However, we did get him into an 18# the only afternoon he was able to fish. I fished on my own for 3 days and with BearLakeMack and Tarponjim for two days. Fishing wasn't fast and furious, but the fish were generally big. Everybody caught fish over 20 pounds and BLM and I both got fish over 30#. We only caught one fish under 10 pounds and over half of them were over 20#. I managed 16 fish in the five days, with 8 of those being over 20#.

We didn't take a lot of pictures, but here is one of BLM with a 32# and yours truly with a 27# (caught on one nof my own hand-pour plastic creations). Some of you may recognize the boat of the most despised so-called guide on the lake in the background. We made sure his clients got to see what you are supposed to do with those giants as we slipped them back for another day.

It was a fun trip! Thanks again, Mike, Rich, and Tarponjim!

I'll add more pictures later, so check back.

[Image: TheBestDoubleEver.jpg]
[signature]
Congrats on a great trip to the big pond. Maybe the clients on the "other" boat learned something.
[signature]
Sounds like a great trip. Great job on those big macs. How was the weather last week. We had shaky weather but not enough to keep us off the water the week before. I love that place.
[signature]
Thanks, Blue Rapala. Weather wasn't bad except for Thursday. Downpour starting at 8:30 AM and WIND. My fun-meter was pegged by 10:30.
[signature]