Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oneida eyes
hey does any one have info on this place hows the fishing been what would you recomend for the eyes and where.
THANKS FOR INFO.
[signature]
Put in at maple grove camp ground (just above the dam) and fish up (right) the key to my success was very very slow troll .8, .5mile n hr. just under 1 mph.. cant say much more without giving it all away but good luck... i have not found the big ones in there yet but got several under 21inches...
[signature]
cool thanks for info, hey how bad does weather get up there dam weather men are calling for 60% chance thunder storms now on fri,
also i work with your relitive i believe do you know a Dan Ayotte, he has worked with me for two years now,,,,,,,,,,,,,
thanks for the pointers...........
[signature]
i do know him!!!!!!!!! its saying 40% which means could be rainy lol... was going to be there friday as well...... dunno now... i know the wind gets going good the roads are not bad they get a little muddy but no worry on getting stuck they keep it good for the power company... should be fine unless you dont wanna get wet with rain......
[signature]
by the way welcome to the idaho fish forum i see your a new member... lots of GREAT info on here i hope it helps you out......
[signature]
great then i may see you up there,
so Dan must be a relative then..............oh one more question is the cliffs across on the oppisite side of the lake that the road is on..........?
also i am friends with fishma i have fished with her relitives a few times (bassattic)
[signature]
have been on here for a while just changed my name again because of the bull shit that goes on in Utah,s site
[signature]
ill send pm
[signature]
Hey I'll be there Sat. around noon and camp the night fish late and early Sunday morn! Out for Smallies though hope for a 32" EYE! Be in a Tan and Brown Chevy Van and 16ft camoflauge! Come say hi!
Smiles Always!
MA
[signature]
Finally made it out to oneida today. I have wanted to try it ever since hearing about the 'eyes that are rumored to lurk in the depths there. On the way in I just couldn't pass by that beautiful stretch of river without wetting a line so I tried a few holes and managed to land several smallmouth.
Once on the res the wind blew me all over the place and I had to work my butt off looking for the fish. Finally I discovered that the smallmouth were holding tight against shore; after that I had no problem catching all I wanted. I also caught 6 huge perch and four walleye. None of the 'eyes were bragging worthy but I was delighted to catch them nonetheless.
All in all it was an incredible afternoon. The scenery was incredible and the fishing was good if not super fast. I can't wait to return.
[signature]
Thanks for your report! I know what you mean by not passing up that stretch of river on the way up! It's always great fishing!! Were your Bronze Backs of any good size(18"+)??? I've caught big ones up on the dam but have not caught any of good size on the river. Those Perch are amazing in there! Glad you had a great time!
GL Smiles Always!
MA
[signature]
How was the water clarity up there. I was there early last week and it was really dirty and stained. Looking to do some bowfishing while up there searching for some eyes of my own.
Most of the smallies were...well...small, lol. But a couple crossed the 1.5 pound mark. They fought like crazy!

The clarity was okay...not great but good. I could see carp swimming around my float tube. Go get 'em!
[signature]
Well I thought that I'd caught good sized smallmouth out of the river, but I guess not. My best were maybe 15-16". Guess I need to head back up there and try some more [Smile]
[signature]
LOL! Your too funny! 15"-16" are awesome! I was in a SM tourney and caught a 18" last Oct. up there. I was just curious to what is the norm.
I did have a great weekend caught SM, Perch and Eye's hand over fist on Saturday afternoon. SM were all around 12", Perch were pretty nice and the biggest Eye was 23". I'm still in search of those Monster Eye's.
GL
Smiles Always!
MA
[signature]
Sounds like a fun time. I just might have to stop by Oneida tomorrow. 23" is still a really nice eye.
[signature]
Okay, great info here. i am new to fishing for eyes...found salmon creek with no problem....Where is Oneida res?
Unable to locate it on the maps I have looked at ( newbie ) so any assistance would be great. Driving from the boise area.
Thanks.
[signature]
Here is directions off Maple Grove Hot Springs site. There are 2 ways to get to Oneida Narrows. Depending on your route from Boise would depend on your route into the Narrows. Maple Grove is about 3 miles north of the Dam along the Narrows. [url "http://www.maplegrovehotsprings.com/get_directions_to_maple_grove_hot_springs_located_in_se_idaho_.htm"]http://www.maplegrovehotsprings.com/get_directions_to_maple_grove_hot_springs_located_in_se_idaho_.htm[/url]

GL
Smiley![cool]
MA
[signature]
I was up there Saturday as well. What boat were you in? I was in a 17' Tracker Deep-V by myself. Only stayed until around noon. Where abouts did you catch the eyes at? I didnt get any, only a ton of SMB and one nice 11" Perch. Were you North of the campground?
TS
[signature]
TS we put the boat in about 2pm. Fished up and down the Westside across from the capmground. SM hugged shoreline, Perch in the hydrilla and the Eye's lurked on the edges of the hydrilla in about 15 feet. Poor Perchies had no chance..AMBUSH all the way around em!!lol Eye's bite was very light I missed a few because I was too quick on the draw. Had to tease them to take it.. in fact one hit 4 times before I hooked him.
Sunday morning all had moved into deeper water 30+. White jigs were the magic # this trime.Loved it one of the best trips up there![cool]
Smiles Always!
MA
[signature]