Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reel Repair
I'm sure this is in the wrong area, but I'm hoping a bunch of folks will see this. I have a Swedish made Abu-Garcia spinning reel that needs repair and the gentleman I have taken them to in the past recently passed away. Does anyone have a good repairman they could recommend?

PM if you would like. Thanks.
[signature]
There's a guy named Earl Parker I think that does reel repair. Call sportsman's in provo and they should have his contact information.
[signature]
Earl Parker is the guy who recently died.
[signature]

I could take a look at it for you. I don't do this as a business but I have fixed a bunch of spinning and casting reels for my friends. you can pm me if you would like. later chuck
[signature]
[quote GSP]

Earl Parker is the guy who recently died.

[/quote]

Sorry to hear that. I picked up some parts from him less than a year ago. I had a nice chat with him then and I got help from him on several occasions over the years.
[signature]
have you tried calling Abu Garcia and asking them? I think they do repair themselves or may have a certified repair person

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]NEED ADDITIONAL HELP OR INFORMATION?[/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"]Write to us at:[/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"]Abu Garcia Service Department[/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"]1900 18th Street[/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"]Spirit Lake, Iowa 51360-1099[/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"] [/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"]or call: 1-800-228-4272[/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"] [/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"]or you can e-mail us at: [/font][font "Comic Sans MS"][url "http://www.abugarcia.com/about_contact.php"][#800080][size 1]www.abugarcia.com[/size][/#800080][/url][/font]
[signature]
elgallo: Thanks for the help. I had offers from Utwalleye and Tube dude and the reel is fixed. Thanks to these two fine fisherman.

GSP
[signature]