Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dave Scadden Outlaw for sale
Frameless model with added stuff:
1. upgraded oars
2. boat bag
3. rear deck

I just don't have the time to use it. $950 plus shipping costs.

For a pic of it, please go to:

http://www.northforkoutdoors.com/2009web...page6.html

Color is red.
[signature]
Appreciate if you would suffer with a question. Does the bottom of the seat section touch the water, or do the pontubes hold it above that level when fully loaded?

Thanks,

Pon

[quote Fishtales23]Frameless model with added stuff:
1. upgraded oars
2. boat bag
3. rear deck

I just don't have the time to use it. $950 plus shipping costs.

For a pic of it, please go to:

[url "http://www.northforkoutdoors.com/2009webcatalog/2009page6.html"]http://www.northforkoutdoors.com/...talog/2009page6.html[/url]

Color is red.[/quote]
[signature]
Hi Pon,

I don't think so although I can't see it from a side view if I'm in it.

What's your concern? Getting wet? Not having enough bouyancy to hold you and your gear?

The last one is really not a problem at all. It's rated at 800 lbs.

I didn't get wet but I also didn't have it loaded down.

It has a bar that goes across the front which is very cool because you can rest your feet on it. Using the oars really makes this boat move. And you can mount a trolling motor on the rear deck. You don't have the trouble of dealing with a frame which IMO is a lot of work. The seat is adjustable and comfortable.

Any other questions, I'd be happy to try and answer.
[signature]
If the seat is touching the water, you might get wet if there is a built in sag or when moving around and then you might be sitting in a puddle, (if there is no drainage,) which is what I don't want (don't use waders). Also, I have a small, low power troll motor which wouldn't have much speed if the seat touches the water due to additional surface area water friction.

I already have 4 pontoons and parts for 2 more, so the warden would have to be convinced before
taking on another. Maybe I can sell a couple to make room for an addition. I really like the design of the Outlaw but don't want to go over this list's limit, Ha.

Will PM you if I get the go ahead. Thanks so much for your comments.

Pon
[quote Fishtales23]Hi Pon,

I don't think so although I can't see it from a side view if I'm in it.

What's your concern? Getting wet? Not having enough bouyancy to hold you and your gear?

The last one is really not a problem at all. It's rated at 800 lbs.

I didn't get wet but I also didn't have it loaded down.

It has a bar that goes across the front which is very cool because you can rest your feet on it. Using the oars really makes this boat move. And you can mount a trolling motor on the rear deck. You don't have the trouble of dealing with a frame which IMO is a lot of work. The seat is adjustable and comfortable.

Any other questions, I'd be happy to try and answer.[/quote]
[signature]
It is going to be the slightly bigger version of the discontinued Navigator II that I just sold. However, the Outlaw has a cloth seat for more adjustment.
You are correct in assuming the bottom of seat does touch the water. Maybe not all the time but I am sure when moving it will now and then. I don't notice anymore drag however in that I was able to move faster on it than my pontoon. But that could also be, more leg in the water.
The ONE PIECE pontoon will blow your mind at how much more stable and responsive it is compared to two individual pontoons.
To get your rear out of the water would merely be an extra cushion.

GREAT PRICE Fishtales23. I recently bought the X5 and absolutely love it.
Isn't there a standing accessory for yours?
[signature]
How do you mount a motor?
[signature]
[quote flygoddess]How do you mount a motor?[/quote]

Off to the side using the rear platform.

FT
[signature]
Just ?s on usage for this FT. I saw a new red one last night at tackle shop in Wasilla, AK.
Was it used on a lake or river?
How many times?
What length rod were you casting?

For getting into the AK back country (on foot, boat or air charter) this seems like a real improvement over the float tubes-except for the 8# weight of the best backpacking model.
[signature]
Hi AK,

I used in once on a lake. These are rated for Class 3 rivers, I think. The rods I used were 6 to 7 footers.

Hope this helps.

FT
[signature]
Why the question on the rod used?
[signature]
I have 8.5' & 9' 4 wts and a 9' 8wt. I'll probably try out a friends float tube to see how my casts work in the sitting position. Cirque tundra lakes are usually brush free but the others where I'm considering using aren't. This pontoon would also be used for spin casting too.
AKFloater
[signature]
If it helps, I use 7' and up from float tube or pontoon.
You don't have to make those 60' casts from a boat.
[signature]
[quote AKFloater]I have 8.5' & 9' 4 wts and a 9' 8wt. I'll probably try out a friends float tube to see how my casts work in the sitting position. Cirque tundra lakes are usually brush free but the others where I'm considering using aren't. This pontoon would also be used for spin casting too.
AKFloater[/quote]
[#500000]I[/#500000][#800000]f you're not a good fly caster, sitting in a toon or tube will really give it away. You'll be slapping the water with your rod on the backcast. I've seen it all too many times.
If you're a decent caster, you'll only notice that (once you get used to it) that you'll cast only 10' to 20' less than when you're standing. On stillwater's I'll use 7' 4w rods up to 8w 9'er's. I don't think rod length effects my fishing much. I have a Fenwick glass 5'3" 5w that I've taken on the kickboat before.
All the rod lengths you have will be great for tube or kickboat fishing. [/#800000]

[signature]
Hi. I know I am late to this post but do you still have the Scadden outlaw for sale?
I want to get one. Thanks
Mike
may be better to e-mail me at Mday212735@aol.com
[signature]
DAVE SCADDEN OUTLAW HAS BEEN SOLD.

THANKS, MIKE. Enjoy!

And thanks to all of those who responded, showed an interest and asked questions.

FT
[signature]