Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beating The Heat
I love fishing at Lake Mead, but it's too hot in the summer. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas of places to go in Utah (or somewhere else close) where you can camp on your own right next to the lake. I'm looking for a place where you can do a little four-wheel driving and have your own secluded spot. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
[signature]
Lake Powell, its hot here too.
[signature]
the high uintahs in utah is the perfect place for you. alot of fourwheeing access, great fishing , tons of small lakes,and very secluded.Spectacular scenery, big douglas fir trees aspen trees and only get up to the high eightys or low nineties
[signature]
Thanks to everyone for their replies. The High Uintas sound great, and I want to try it someday, but we only have a day so I was looking more at southern Utah. If you knew anywhere similar in the south I'd give it a try. THANKS!
[signature]
I was just up at Duck Creek, Utah and it is only a three hour drive and the weather is nice and cool with light occasional showers. I fished Navajo and caught lots. I believe you can camp near the water and there is lots of off roading and some caves up there to explore. I will make a post later when I get pictures
[signature]
That's great information. Thank you! Do you know if you can camp on your own at Navajo or do you have to do it in one of the organized camp grounds?
[signature]
From what I saw they do have the organized campgrounds and do not want over night camping on the water or at least near the dike I fished from. The organized camp places were only like ten bucks a night I believe.
[signature]