Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
any body been trout fishing lately?
went to the coldwatter this weekend..cought 1 brown 17 inches,,1 brown 19 inches..1 brown 21 inches..and several 10 to 11 inchers..about 50 chubs..remembered how much i hate itch weed..found some poison oak .always fun...also found some holes to swim in ..not on purpose..the mesqitos were so thick you didnt dare open your mouth or youd swollow one...they were bad..all in all i had alot off fun but im exausted..anybody out there with simular exsperiences..
[signature]
Found a few silt covered holes myself and did some swimming , even in january .
Hey, nice catch ! Wish I could do as well here .

Better enjoy it while you can , looks like the Mi.D.N.R. is about to give all the rules a new twist .
Just when I was almost completley dumbfounded by all the trout regulations on the books already they got to fudge them up some more [Image: bobmad.gif][mad].

[font "arial, helvetica, sans-serif"][#00e010]Proposal to Modify Inland Trout Regulations[/#00e010][/font]
[font "arial, helvetica, sans-serif"][black]The Department of Natural Resources, Fisheries Division, has developed a proposal to modify inland trout regulations. Your feedback on this proposal is important. Please take a few minutes to read it and submit your comments to [url "mailtoBig GrinNR-InlandTrout@michigan.gov"][#000000]DNR-InlandTrout@michigan.gov[/#000000][/url]. [url "http://www.michigan.gov/documents/dnr/inland_trout_regs_May-2009_277407_7.pdf"][#000000]Proposal to Modify Inland Trout Regulations[/#000000][/url] This proposal to modify inland trout stream regulations includes a recommendation to eliminate the existing Type II regulations. As a result, streams currently included in the Type II category will need to be placed into one of the remaining Types. Fisheries managers recently completed a review of individual Type II streams and have proposed a list of new stream Types for these waters. [url "http://www.michigan.gov/documents/dnr/Trout-TypeII-streams_282177_7.pdf"][#000000]Click here[/#000000][/url] to view the list. Fisheries Division will be receiving comments on this proposal until September 1, 2009. Any proposed changes to fishing regulations will be forwarded to the Natural Resources Commission later this fall, and will take effect on April 1, 2010. [/black][/font]
[signature]
that was rather confusing...lets face it if they dont stock the stream regulary theres probly not to many trout left in it..the natural reprodoction thing is just there way of saying we dont want to spend the money to stock the stream....one more thing..i own several fly rods and it still makes me mad that the elitests are trying to tell me i cant use a nightcrawler or spinner on there streams..i think im done now..
[signature]
Talked to a couple charter boat captins last week. One out of whitehall one out of sagatuck. Both said lake trout have been hitting ......however most have been on the small side with just a couple big ones mixed in between trips.

Salmon were hot in late May but have slowed down a lot. Catching maybe one a week.
[signature]
anyone can catch a fish on live bait......
[signature]
my father in law runs a boat out of grand haven..says there 3 miles out in 250 foot of watter 100 foot down....boy thats a long run..
[signature]
dont worrie there going to add more flys only stretches ..might see you on one of them someday..good luck...
[signature]
been on a few fly only places... what a good time that was
number 0 meps
[signature]
be carefull, those mephs spinners are not concidered flies. [crazy]

one guy got busted with a mephs down my way this spring. and about half mile down the river another got popped for a half inch repalla... sheache, the dudes were fishing right behind the 6x6 foot hand carved wood signs at both sites stating artificial flies only... [:p] [laugh]

Its like parking on railroad tracks.... there may not be a train commin at the moment, but ya know one is a commin eventualy.... [Image: bobwink.gif]
[signature]
thats why i use streamers...still havnt figured out how to get them under those big log jams were the big trout live..thats when you accidently tip them with a crawler..
[signature]
ya well this is up north ..it aint the city....dnr means nothin to us
[signature]
D.N.R. , "Darn Near Russa" , We see those homemade billboards all over my way .

That reputation didn't come from "poachers " , it came from the regular everyday guy who had an unfornuate run-in with the overzellous C.O. tring to make a name for themselves .

We don't need more regulations , we need deregulations .
[signature]
the rookies always get the backwoods asingments then when you guys break em in they send em our way..i just wish they would stop playing around with there studies and start doing something productive..
[signature]
ya the DNR sticks there nose in stuff and the lakes and wild life are all messed up.
they should just leave stuff alone and in force the laws
that's why most of our lakes in northern Michigan are messed up any more
[signature]
you mean like when they deregulated the quarenteen laws for incomming products from over seas? to which brought in a whole slue of invasive species that have invaded our woods, waters, farms and our homes. [mad]
[signature]
them idiots got one of my favorite brokie streams shut down to studie the natural reproduction of browns there...what they dont know is we take every brown out that we catch to give the brookies a chance..its a brook trout stream to cold to be a brown stream..
[signature]
the real problem is the carp come up to spawn shortly after the trout have spawned destroying the beds before the trout have had a chance to hatch.... [crazy]

are they going to tell the carp they aint allowed in the study river either? [pirate]
[signature]
this creek is real small and way to cold for carp to ever wanto go in..but i do see your point...bottom line you want more fish you got to stock them..counting on natural reproduction just dont work..
[signature]
The MiDNR has afew problems it has to justify it's job and make a buck or two in the process .
The MiDNR wants to do things that other states do , the problem with that is Michigans habitat is far different from all other midwestern and plain states , those practices don't work in our enviornment .

When The MiDNR started going wild with deer hunting regulations , hunters numbers started to decline .
The deer population without hunters to manage deer has exploded , the cure - more regulations .
Should Michigan adopt deer management practes from other states that don't have the vast federal and state lands that we have ? No !
Deer management in states like texas won't work here .
Antlerless permits , if you put in for the draw and come up short , shouldn't those left over licenses be given to the hunters that applied for them ? yes!!!

Indiana has very little public hunting land but yet michigan wants to adopt those same regulations for us , it just dosen't make a lick of sence .

Minnisota climate and habitat are far different from our ecosystem yet the MiDNR wants to adopt their slot limit program to bring in out of state license fees , it's just rediculous !

Your car goes threw the ice and your looking at some huge enviromental clean up fees , some jerk dumps thousands of gallons of oil byproducts into our rivers and gets a slap on the wrist , what the heck is that all about ?

The Mi.DNR has lost sight of it's dutys and responsibilitys we entrusted them with , Maybe it's time to replace them .
[signature]
RIGHT ON[pirate]
[signature]