Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LIVETARGET LURES FINDS THE BASSMASTER ELITE PODIUM
Grand Island, New York - Koppers Fishing and Tackle Corp., manufacturer of the ultra-realistic LIVETARGET crankbaits find themselves in the B.A.S.S. spotlight after Elite angler Stephen Browning captured his third top ten finish this season at the Genuity River Rumble June 11-14 in Fort Madison, Iowa.

The tournament conditions were terrible, producing the lowest weight ever in Elite history. With 3"-5" of rain during practice, rising water levels and run-off created incredibly difficult conditions.

"It was the muddiest water I can honestly say I have ever fished" said Stephen Browning of Hot Springs, AR., who going into the event was seated in 48th place in the Toyota Tundra Bassmaster Angler of the Year standings. "With visibility in some cases less than 2", the wide wobble, pulse and thumping action of the LIVETARGET Crawfish Crank was my go-to bait." The 5th place finish earned Browning 280 points to advance 13 positions to 35th spot in the standings.

With the majority of the field fishing high in the back waters working the sloughs and cuts, Browning - a well known river rat - was the only angler in the top 12 who stayed on the main river. He successfully picked his way through a variety of current-related structure, fishing rock jetties, log jams, boat ramps and rip rap backs.

Browning, who is looking for a spot in the 2010 Bassmaster Classic, fished his way to the top 10 on the Mississippi using the Koppers LIVETARGET 2½" Crawfish crankbait in the chartreuse/brown pattern on a 6'6" St Croix Legend Tournament Series with medium action and 20lb Berkley Trilene 100% Fluorocarbon. "I caught 15 of my 20 keepers on the sub-surface and shallow divers" said Browning who finished the event with 39lbs 10oz. "The conditions were so muddy I knew I needed a bait with an aggressive lug and the ability to deflect off of targets without hanging up. I fished the sub surface bait where the current would break around the ends of the jetties and I fished the shallow diver around the laydown logs, boat ramps and rip rap. Most of the fish were in less than three feet of water."

Browning was first introduced to LIVETARGET in early March. "I love these baits. I feel they get an excellent reaction bite and they absolutely cause havoc when feeding fish are looking for a quick meal. I can also throw them into heavy cover and have confidence that I can work the bait through the cover without getting snagged. That is key to putting together an effective pattern."

Koppers' President, Grant Koppers, is thrilled by the growing number of success stories. "We are seeing more and more testimonials like this one, where some of the best anglers in North America are reaching for LIVETARGET as their 'go to" bait. Stephen's experience with the Crawfish Crank is proof that LIVETARGET isn't just one of the most authentic looking bait series on the market, but also one of the most effective, regardless of the water conditions."

Despite only 18 months on the market, LIVETARGET Lures are already in stock with several hundred dealers in all regions of the United States and Canada. With their first ICAST (Booth #1839) coming up in July in Orlando (FL), Koppers is eager to showcase the company's newest lures. Watch www.livetargetlures.com for updates.

Media Contact

James Turner, james@innovativeoutdoorsman.com