Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't complain - Mantua 6/29
Sparky and I went to our local hole, Mantua Monday. Got there on the water about 11:00 and left about 6:00. Got to there N.E. parking area and almost turned around. Never have seen so many cars. [shocked] Usually there's none or one. Anyway, packed up my tube and walked to the point. Fishing was tough. Spent several hours there and caught about 4-5. Caught my biggest there, 15 in. It was kind of neat. Just dropped my lure out in front of me in amongst some vegetation and saw this big silver flash and the fight was on, Had a dickens of a time getting him out before he got tangled in the vegetation and of course the Sparkinator had to come out to help. [crazy] Well started tubing back towards the truck and by the time I got to the N.E. part of the bay, I had caught 18. So, like I said, can't complain. Besides the 15", caught about five 13-14". That was plenty good enough for me. [Wink][Smile][Smile] Tried a little different technique, drop shotted my reaper up about 8". Had to take Sparky to shore once to get my lure out of him. [unimpressed] Lucky he has long hair. Usually we are able to avoid this but every once in a while we mess up. It's worth it though having him out there with me. Kept a couple for supper again.

[inline test.jpg]
[signature]
Nice bassin'. Dropshotting is killer sometimes, I love being able to give a bait action without moving its location.
[signature]
Nice going Leaky. 18 bass-$hit thats great.
Thank you for the report and pic.

Peter
[signature]