Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dagum Flathead, enjoy your hook.
After my trip this mornin' I need a good place to vent. Me and my boys have had little to no luck catfishing this year. We catfish in this pond owned by the factory my stepfather works at and lemme tell ya it's pack. We usually go and watch em jingle our pole a little then reel in to find it baitless. Ive been dieing to see my pole bend and jerk it up with a cat on the line. Well today was my day, I turned around to bait my other pole and I turned to see my pole bending like crazy i jerked it up. I knew the fish was big so I let er calm down then reeled quick. I got it to the bank and there was a fat long flathead on the hook. (Please understand one of my buddies I work with's sister caught a 30lb flathead a few weeks ago outta this pond.) This sucker was big. but do to recently bass fishing i only had 12lb test on. Snap...and away she went...fished 4 more hours...nuthin but bait stealers.
I reakon Im gonna go buy a second reel and string it only for catfishin.
~Any cheaper baits than livers thatll stay on a hook?
~What kinda hooks do ya recommend?
[signature]
if you tie the chicken liver in a roe bag or just use nylons to tie it in a bag they wont steal it but they still like it..thats how i do it..
[signature]
[fishin] i like to tightline using coldworms they stay on the hook pretty good.
[signature]