Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake
Been up to Bear Lake all week and will be going back Wednesday. The fishing reports are slow so I will try to hit Logan river and post how it is doing. With the cold temps and lack of downriggers I think that I might just drink beer and wish I had the gear and knowledge to fish Bear Lake.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Try long lining on the east side of the lake. we've caught many fish enjoying the day, having a drink, and catching fish long lining in the summer. Don't give up on the jigging either. You can catch fish anytime of year on Bear Lake. Last July we caught fish for a week straight and plenty of them topping out at 19 lbs. Fish the early mornings and evenings. [/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Summer may not be the primo time of year but don't get fooled that it is slow. You may need to go deeper. Fishing 100ft of water or more is not uncommon at all though anything below the thermocline will produce fish. Good luck![/size][/font]
[signature]
Hows it been going fish1on?

I know how you feel this time of year I have had the same experience. With BLM advise it give me some hope of landing afew this summer.
[signature]
BLM
Thanks for the tip, I will give it a try. I have spotted lot's of fish outside the Marina and on the North West shore from the Marina. I will check out the East side and put a few hundred more yards of line on as well. What colors other than pumpkin and white jigs work well this time of year for jigging?? And what size lead heads are you using? I cannot seem to find anything big enough to get my jig down to the fish.

MGB
Hey buddy good to hear from you. Sorry I have not been around much for willard or pineview fishing. Got a place up at Bear and figured I better start learning to fish there. I will send you a pm sometime soon and we can hook up and do some fishing.
[signature]
We fished bear lake last Monday and Tuesday and caught a few fish on the east side. We trolled in 30 to 40 feet of water with some smaller crocidiles and grey rapaplas. We caught 4 small lakers( 1.5 to 2 lbs) on the crocs and one 11 lber on the grey rapala. We had our downriggers set at 25 feet and were trolling 3.0 mph on the gps. Most of the fish we seen on the fish finder were almost straight out from the rainbow cove boat ramp and just north of there. We did not see many fish south of there towards cisco beach.
[signature]
I was there Saturday and just trolled with mono and a shad rap in 35' to 55' of water and while I didn't kill them I still caught over 10 nice cutts and 1 mac in 3 hours. I just started at Cisco and followed the east shore line and watched the sonar and marked places to come back to. Nothing was huge but did get 5 over 20" That is as much as you can expect out of the Berry and I didn't see anyone else in the area the entire time.

tightline
[signature]