Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ALEXANDER RESERVOIR
Anyone have any info on catfishing there? Thanks Ron
[signature]
Boat no boat??? If on foot i found just below the hospital, there is a bridge you can fish under that bridge and go towards the res is a good spot for cats... also if you go over that bridge and drive around the res and cross the gate, there is a trail you can walk down to a roap swing. that is fun for swimming and once is calms down at dusk i have landed some cats there to. good luck....
[signature]
I will be using a float tube. I might be going over for work and I might get a chance at cats.
Thanks for the BIG time help. That gives me a place to start. Ron
[signature]
ok well if your on a tube there is a ramp i think its on the east side maybe??? been long time since i was there but you can see the rope swing i would try to float that area myself but if you put in on the ramp thats on the north side thats a long float lol... anywho good luck with ya and you bet on what little info i have...
[signature]
I looked at that on google earth. Is there much current to deal with around the bridge just out side of town?
I can see the boat ramp on the north side of the lake but I don't see one on the east side. Where is that rope swing from the Bridge out side of town? Ron
[signature]
If i remember right you just keep driving down the road over the bridge and you come to a big turn around "gravel parking lot thing" there is a fishermen bridge over a fence and you take a trail to the swing... if you look right across the lake (from the rope swing) you can see a big cement wall and another boat ramp. Im not sure how to get to that one maybe some one can chime in?????? But ill tell you what... ill go down there tonight i was going to hit preston area but might as well hit soda havnt been there for awhile ill post a report and ill figure out how to get there names of signs ext......look for a report tomarrow ill be fishing into the night....
[signature]
You are the man! Thanks for the help. Ron
[signature]
Ok the road i was talking about is "second bridge" its just after the power plant deal when your coming into soda... i went and checked it out... there is a cement ramp and a small dock sould be very easy for you and a tube.... not much current that i can see on the top but when the wind picks up i hope your off the water, its just a tunnel!!!! the spot i was talking about is straight across the water, the water is not very wide there and sould be nice tubbing... just fish back in the cliffs and pines and you sould do good...(Aslo try the bridge under the hospital)[sly]

Now for my report i fished the bridge under the hospital and ill tell you the bite was ON!!!!got 5 in the first 45 min there.... there smaller in size but fun for the wife and I.....forgot the camera so i need to the pix off my cell but its late and ill do it in the morning but it was good fishing and funnnnnnnn.........just used livers...stayed tell about 11:30ish pm
[signature]
guess the pix did not turn out very good from my cell phone [frown] but these are some that turned out..

got a cpl from the big storm we heard hit poky didnt do to bad down in soda but made for a break from fishing...
[signature]
Thank you so much. I see the spot you are talking about on google earth. Have you ever heard of any big ones coming out of there. I see the F&G has planted it for a long time. I would think that some would have to get big.
Looks like you guys had a great time. If you ever need a hand with a spot down here in the Twin falls, Buhl area let me know. Ron
[signature]
ok man, will do and thanks for your kind offer. Yeah i have heard of big ones but never seen with my own eyes... the spot where im telling you to go they usually run 2-6lbs but i was with my wife and little one (18months) and couldnt do the walk back at night so we hung out at the bridge.. but yeah there are some nice size ones here and there im sure..Good luck to you and let me know how you do...
[signature]
If I get to go over for work I will be able to slip in some fishing. I hope I get to go. Ron
[signature]