Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
redband trout??
what is a red band trout..ive seen that our dnr has tried experimental stockings of this fish and dont know what it looks like ..anybody know..
[signature]
We have a few wild populations of McCloud Redbands here in Missouri. They basically look like rainbows, except more brilliantly colored (you'll just have to see for yourself), and they tend to keep their par marks longer. They are really beautiful fish, one of my favorite to catch.
[signature]
there trying them in a few rivers around here still dont know if thell take..
[signature]
We have some native redbands on the western edge of idaho, i have never caught one but have seen them and studied them a bit. From what i read they like clean gravel bed rivers and fairly cool water. they are acutualy a very primative rainbow. I think the few areas here that have them left are high altitude streams.
[signature]
the dnr here is expierimenting with them in a stream by me..dont know if they took or not havnt heard any reports..same stream they put the cutt/bows in..
[signature]
[center][font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3][Image: happy.gif]No mistaking a Deshutes Redband.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[/center]
[center][inline "Deshutes redband-trout.jpg"]
[/center]
[signature]
thanks for the pic now i know what im looking for.. idid get one that somewhat like a cutthroat..found out latter that they put a cuttroat rainbow mix it the stream..cutt/bow....no pic didnt have phone with me,, it was a preety fish..of course i released it..
[signature]