Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please help a noob
Right On! I was up there Friday. Did quite well.
You are right about the Zipper on the Rivendell. I have them and no leaks yet.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3][Image: happy.gif]Good luck to you kickinback. When do you plan on hitting the water?[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
i was mainly making the patience comment becouse alot of trout fisherman get all the equipment and go out and start learning how to use it and doesnt work out as well as they thought..then the rod sits collecting dust and there back to a spinning rod..fly fishing takes a while to learn but once you get to a point were you can use it productivly you will find it to be a very productive way to catch them..if you let the frustration get the best of you youll never exsperiece the good times.
[signature]
ABSOLUTELY!!!! I know, way back I was taken to a little lake, but all my spinning gear was left at home. I was given a fly outfit all rigged with fly and away I went.
I caught sooooo many fish, I never went back.
But I am sure if that first out had been a skunk, I might not have continued.

Fly Fishing is my only choice any more. If it can't be caught on a fly, then it don't get caught, but that is why it is called FISHING and not CATCHING.[cool]
[signature]
flyfishing here can be kind of tough..smaller rivers lots of over hanging trees and brush..and the trout are weary..can be frustrating at first..im glad i stuck with it and learned all the casts and how to present to warry trout..i still use all methods but the flyrod is an important part of my arsenal..glad i didnt give up on it,,
[signature]
Quote:i was mainly making the patience comment becouse alot of trout fisherman get all the equipment and go out and start learning how to use it and doesnt work out as well as they thought.

Oh I completely agree with you. I wasn't being snide, working on our patience is really important. I think you made a really good suggestion about something most people overlook.

Quote:[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3]When do you plan on hitting the water?[/size][/#008000][/font]
I've been at the park or in family members' backyards (I live in a condo/apartment) practicing casting so far but I plan on hitting the water Thursday.

I really want to hit up the canyons (Mill Creek and the Big and Little Cottonwood Canyons in Salt Lake City for you non-Utah'ns) but I live at about 2700 South 2000 East so maybe I'll just head up to Little Dell Reservoir so I can easier practice my casting.

Parley's Historic Nature Park (Parley's Creek) is right up the street from me and I'm thinking of walking it this week to see if the Cutthroat the UT DWR stocked after a big spill in 2007 are around. The only thing I'm concerned about is the dog owners who think they own the place. Don't get me wrong I love dogs but some of those people need to chill out.
you will have no problem ajusting..fly fishing is a great way to catch fish..well worth taking the time to learn...im in michigan and only have limited stream to fly fish efectivly..most are very small with lots of brush and log jams.the right presentation to fool that wary trout is the hardest part..
[signature]
Thanks for posting your questions! The responses really helped me as well!
[signature]
Welcome sandygomez6557, feel free to ask any question!
[signature]