Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wal-Mart Shad
Now I'm not saying shad are bad, but, in WalMart, where they keep all the catfish stuff theres these dead shad in a bag. We've tried both types, the bleedin, and the non bleedin, both have left us empty handed. Has anyone had any luck off of these? We's thinkin of puttin em on a jug instead of tightline'in em like we have been.
[signature]
I have never heard of ANYONE doing any good at all with those packaged shad. Don't waste your money.[Wink]
[signature]
they suck dont buy them...
[signature]
fresh cut shad is the way to go. you can also liquify them & use them in a chum mix. i've had luck either way

bernard
[fishin]
[signature]
I bought a package of those last spring and would use them when striped bass fishing the locks or when catfishing at night here around my local spots and Never ONCE got even a nibble on them while catching stiped bass and catfish consistantly on my normal baits right along side the packaged shad.

To make a longer story short, I ended up tossing what was left of the bag after about a month.
[signature]
Referring to my previous post, you might be wondering how did the package still have some baits left after a month? Well ... I would put on one of those shad on one pole and then fish my others with my normal bait. I would catch fish for hours on my normal bait and not a bite on the shads even if I changed the bait every hour or two.

So you can see how it was "lasting" ...

(guess I couldn't make a long story that short)

lol.
[signature]
save your money stop shopping at walmart..
[signature]