Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
tubers fishing/camping.
Picture this- We all (from this tubing forum) meet
once someplace with our tubes/toons
and camp/fish together fot the weekend........
Just like the guys from socal surf fishing do.
Would't that be nice.
Im just thinking out loud again [Smile]

Peter
[signature]
I am thinking out loud so TD can hear. I think that we do it somewhere we can catch cats and maybe a fish or two we don't have here in Idaho. Just thinking out loud.
Ron
[signature]
Would it have to be a weekend? Mon-wed best for me but i might be able to swing a weekend with enough notice. I usually work every weekend. But I like the idea!!!!!
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]TubeBabe and I are planning a trip to Salmon Falls Creek right after Labor Day. Tried it last year and got "weathered out". As our plans shape up we will make the announcement for anybody who wants to join in or just do a meetup.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Any of you Idaho guys up for a trip on Willard Bay Reservoir, near Ogden, for wipers, walleyes and catfish?[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Would be nice to go back to California...my old stompin' grounds...but I don't stomp as well in my old age. Takes too many naps to drive that far.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Let us know about Salmon dam I would be interested and if I can't go I would be MORE than willing to share a spot or two with you.
I would be game for willard if the timing is right. I am going to Alaska the end of August for a week of silvers and halibut.
What does a non-resident licence cost in utah? Ron
[signature]
That would be fun. not many places to use my tube in Indiana [Image: sad.gif]

Jason
[signature]
[quote idahoron]
What does a non-resident licence cost in utah? Ron[/quote]

[url "http://www.wildlife.utah.gov"]www.wildlife.utah.gov[/url] This is the DWR site and you can also purchase online.
[signature]
I will be gone to Yellowstone the last week of July on vacation and should be home that friday, but other than that August is good just about any time. Like I said need a couple of weeks notice so as to get the time off from work if necessary.[fishin]
[signature]
Hey TD I'm from Idaho, although I live in Utah now. (does that count) I am just now doing a job change and am not sure of my schedule, but I would love to give Willard a try.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Okay, SUBJECT TO WEATHER AND OTHER CHANGES, let's target the first week of August for Willard Bay in Utah...and the first week in September for Salmon Dam in Idaho.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I have to check with TubeBabe to see what her busy schedule shows, but if a majority is okay with the basic timing we need to decide on a day...or days. We are retired and have no problems with midweek fishing...and we prefer it. But we understand that most of our members do not share that luxury. So, I will propose a two-day session on both waters...a Friday and a Saturday. That should allow everybody a shot at fishing at least one of the days.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Tentatively let's start with August 7 - 8 for Willard and September 4-5 for Salmon Dam. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]The lines are now open for callers.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[quote Laroo]Hey TD I'm from Idaho, although I live in Utah now. (does that count) I am just now doing a job change and am not sure of my schedule, but I would love to give Willard a try.[/quote]

[cool][#0000ff]Me too. Born in Idaho and live in Utah. But, I made a lot of hard left turns in between and have been all over the country. No more moves though.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Let me know when your personal situation stabilizes a bit and maybe we can work out a meetup on Willard. From now until late September there is some good wiper action on tap. [/#0000ff]
[signature]
I will let you know. Gotta check calendar and the wife.

Ok, checked the calendar and the wife, I will be able to attend on Friday only. I am off that day but can't afford to lose the work time over the weekend. (= 24 hours). So see you all on Friday morning? Toon will be there all tricked out!!!![cool]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I am sure we will start another post as time gets closer. We might open it up to the main Utah Board too. Lots of other folks who might like to show up. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I am thinking we can load up on wipers and cats before noon, and then hit the cleaning station to fillet our catch. Then we can gather at one of the covered areas and have a fish fry with some pot luck tater salad, beans, cornbread, etc. Put me down for filleting and frying. I got it down "Pat".[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[quote TubeDude][cool]
[#0000ff]I am thinking we can load up on wipers and cats before noon, and then hit the cleaning station to fillet our catch. Then we can gather at one of the covered areas and have a fish fry with some pot luck tater salad, beans, cornbread, etc. Put me down for filleting and frying. I got it down "Pat".[/#0000ff][/quote]

My wife says put me down for tater[cool] salad!!!
[signature]
WOW, I was just thinking out load and look
what happened...............[Smile]
Thats just too bad that its so far for me.But you
just never know, I have been to Utah few times.
I just will have to see.................

Peter
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Of course we would love to have you show up, but we understand the distance situation. Otherwise we would all be caravaning over there to go fishing with you.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Its only about 12 hours isn't it?[Smile]
[signature]
A little over 700 miles one way.[:/]
[signature]
So cal? Take the train, coast starlight from LAX to SAC, California Zephyr to SLC. or go LAX to Baklersfield and take San Jaoqion to SAC and California Zephyr to SLC. just a thought. Or if you fly in one of us will probably help you out from Airport or train station.
[signature]
[quote albinotrout]So cal? Take the train, coast starlight from LAX to SAC, California Zephyr to SLC. or go LAX to Baklersfield and take San Jaoqion to SAC and California Zephyr to SLC. just a thought. Or if you fly in one of us will probably help you out from Airport or train station.[/quote]

Thank you so very much for offering help.However
if I go up to Utah, I would make a trip out of it. A week
or so , so I can go also to arches national park, zion,
escalante and those places that I like so much.
I would take my little camper trailer (maybe the wife
as well if she would be able to go).
Will see what I can do...........
[signature]