the balls to take my tube on ocean like TD did some
time ago.
Anyways, If you guys like I can post some pictures
of hot girls at the beach [Wink]

Peter
[signature]
Sounds like you definitely need to come north dude![Image: bobwink.gif]
[signature]
100 F!!! Wow, I had frost on the winsheild of my truck this morning. You do need to come north! It's hell on the garden, but the nice clear,crisp mornings with the water like glass are pretty neat!
[signature]
Supprise yourself!! I have been on a local strip mine for a full day on a rare 100 degree day. It was tough when I got out in the heat but nice on the water.
Keep in mind that I didn't try this on a steady basis because we don't get 100 degrees very often.
Any of those mermaid pics. would certianly be tollerated by this ole feller [sly][sly][sly][sly] Illinoisgiller
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]What a wimp! There is plenty of good fresh water fishing all summer long...for bass, cats, bluegills and crappies. When I lived in Sacramento (heat and humidity) I fished a lot in the "foothills" lakes, but also hit Clear Lake, the canals in the "delta", and lots of small ponds and lakes around the San Francisco and Oakland area. Surprising the fish you can find in some "urban" waters.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]You wanna talk about heat? We lived in Arizona for quite a few years and if we gave up fishing in the heat we would only fish about 3 months a year. No way. But, we used common sense. We hit the water at or before daybreak and planned to be gone before it got TOO hot. On some days that was not long after 9 AM, when the air temp was already up to 100 degrees and even though we were fishing wet...in 85 degree water...the sweat was running from our faces and off our bare arms.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]But, there is a lot of good summer fishing along the coast too, and I gotta admit I love surf action this time of year. But, unlike you, I do not hesitate to dunk my craft in the salt, but only where it is somewhat protected. That means bays, harbors and inside breakwaters. Not too many open ocean beaches where you can count on launching in calm surf and returning to the same. You gotta watch the conditions and know when to say when. Otherwise you might win first in a surfing championship. Cool to get a trophy, but your tackle doesn't benefit from being tumbled in the sand and salt water.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
ha ha ha ha thats funny TD. I know what you saying.
But when I go on the lake (1.5 hours drive), I dont want to
have to be out by 9:00 am. And you have not been here
in some time now. Many lakes you cant take tube on
anymore.Closest lake is about 50 min. drive and they
dont open until 6:00 am. Yes its a stupid pay and play.
They just rape people ($17.00) and they dont even
put fish in it, just fish and game puts fish in it.
But I MAY try the Ventura harbor............or Santa Barbara.

Peter
[signature]
We've had the hottest, driest June and had no relief in July so far in San Antonio area. Record number of over 100 degree days.

The only way to stay cool during daytime hours is to hit the rivers here. We find a place with lots of tall tree cover for shade- which is treasured by man and fish alike. The coldest water is within 10 miles of the dam (bottom water outlet) which measures around 55 degrees. Nothing like sitting back in your comfortable pontoon seat, drifting along with your bare feet and legs down to your knees in crystal clear, cool water. Don't even feel the 104 degree air temperature cause your blood is cooled and circulated throughout. Maybe find the closest, cool water and shade if possible? If the Pacific is as cold as I've heard and you can find a sheltered area, might be a possible way to get out. Thin waders that let the cold through might be the way to go if there are hazards. Just an idea, FWIW.

Pon

[quote peter805]Its starting to get kinda hot around here ( 100 F ) for
tubing on inland lakes. So surf fishing and the beach for
couple of mounts it is. Or estern sierra, which is
about 6 hours drive.
Too bad, I really like tubing and i just dont have
the balls to take my tube on ocean like TD did some
time ago.
Anyways, If you guys like I can post some pictures
of hot girls at the beach [Wink]

Peter[/quote]
[signature]
Hi , Pontoonman. Drifting down the river sounds
like a great way to spend the day. Lucky you.
Got any pictures?
Thank you Peter
[signature]
This may sound weird but i have better luck fishing the hot and humid days in the summer rather than the cool sunny days. Just like yesterday it was 15 degrees cooler than the day before and guess what! No fish they all got lock jaw and was like hell no i aint bitein!!! well i did get a few hits but i think they were just hitting the lure with there tails to bat it out of the area lmao! so i say bring on the steady heat. Now rain is another story. When it rains the fish seem to go silly. I may look like a prune when that happens but a get a whole lot of fish and im all Smiles [Smile]
[signature]
[quote bigpikeguy]This may sound weird but i have better luck fishing the hot and humid days in the summer rather than the cool sunny days. Just like yesterday it was 15 degrees cooler than the day before and guess what! No fish they all got lock jaw and was like hell no i aint bitein!!! well i did get a few hits but i think they were just hitting the lure with there tails to bat it out of the area lmao! so i say bring on the steady heat. Now rain is another story. When it rains the fish seem to go silly. I may look like a prune when that happens but a get a whole lot of fish and im all Smiles [Smile][/quote]

Oh, I know what you saying.Hot is good for bite. I just dont
feel like be at there in 108f+. I just dont want to get heat
stroke or something. Once I seen a guy fishing on store
in mid day on sun (no hat or anything) with his dad and
guess what....................Lets just say that there was a lot
of oh $hit are you ok..........then he put him in the car
and burned tires out of there ( hospital? ).
Anyways, I may do the early in the morning then take a
Lunch break for couple of hours under a tree , little nap
and start later in evening.That may work.
Thank you for your input.

Peter
[signature]
Sounds like you deal with a little more heat than I do. Where I am though, some of my favorite fishing is just getting started. This is the time when the bass really start blowing up on the frogs. The hotter the weather, the better the bite. But yeah, I will probably have to get off the water by 9:30 or so. Luckily I live 10 minutes from the lake and I can launch in the dark (well before 6).

And we have not one but TWO saltwater bays to fish from in the salt, no waders required. I'd be doing a WHOLE lot of fishing if I only had the time.
[signature]
Yeah, I know Scott . San Diego is great for fishing and
tubing. Lakes (reservoir) all over the place.
And great salt water fishing on top of it. I would move
to San Diego but my work is in LA.

Peter
[signature]
Well it dont get that dang hot up here in PA but i was thinking more in the mid to upper 80's. Thats hot for us lol. We do see 90's but not that often. 108+ yeah i would but sitting at home in the central air fishing on my playstation lol.
[signature]
No one has mentioned the fact that this HOT weather isn't great on the fish either.
On hot days, plan on keeping what you catch. They can't take the stress and heat even if they swim off.
[signature]
[quote flygoddess]No one has mentioned the fact that this HOT weather isn't great on the fish either.
On hot days, plan on keeping what you catch. They can't take the stress and heat even if they swim off.[/quote]

[cool][#0000ff]That may be true for your wimpy trout, but the "warm water" species do just fine in the warmer conditions of summer. They prefer them. The warmer the better...up to about 90 degrees water temps. Hence, the terminology.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Yes TROUT. The species that is a little harder to catch[Wink]
[signature]
[quote flygoddess]Yes TROUT. The species that is a little harder to catch[Wink][/quote]

[cool][#0000ff]Maybe...when using pocket lint and dental floss.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]How many wipers you caught lately?[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I have never fished for them, but you remember the first time at Utah Lake?[angelic]
[signature]
[quote flygoddess]I have never fished for them, but you remember the first time at Utah Lake?[angelic][/quote]

[cool][#0000ff]Of course. I always remember my "first times". But, those were carp, Joni, not trout, not wipers.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I have caught BIG trout, and I have caught lots of wipers. I love 'em both. Nobody can ever say that one is better than another. But, it is perfectly okay to have personal preferences. I would never think of belittling your preference for the spotted species. I love 'em too. Just needling ya a little.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]By the way, if you DO wanna wave a fairy wand at some wipers the next month is gonna offer some of the best opportunities. They come inside the north marina and chase shad along the shorelines. We catch them on small plastics in only a couple of feet of water. They also hit feathers.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I know you are needling...just like how many 30+" trout have you caught .....AT HENRY'S (a technical lake)[Wink]
I am just saying, I have no problem catching warm water species...maybe that is why the limit on some are soooooo high.
And Catfich and Carp really are no problem either.
Did I mention the 19" small mouth taken from the Snake River...oh I was targeting Carp....LOL

Seriously though...I would very much like to try Striper.
[signature]