Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best LM Bass Recipe
What is a very excellent bass recipe? Thanks
[signature]
You might go to the main BF index and check the fish recipe section, they have a lot of bass recipes. [Smile] You could even post a question.
[signature]
LMB are for catching and releasing. Not eating.
Walleye are for eating.
Crappie are for eating.
Catfish are for eating.
Sunfish are for eating.
Perch are for eating.
Trout are for,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I'm not really sure what they are for.

Oh,I know,, Trout are for Walleye food!!!!
[signature]
The best recipe is to release them, take a pic and let it go.... eat a slimer (trout)...... Go to willard and catch some wipers, they are very good to eat.... Catch some walleyes also..
[signature]
Anyway you cook a bass is very excellent! Nice white firm flesh. Yummmm
[signature]
Are bass that nasty????? or why are you telling me to throw them back?[crazy]. I've tried willard, i dont have a boat, so i get skunked...help????
[signature]
At the risk of angering the bass purists, If they are less than 12"(bigger ones don't taste as good to me), I like to fillet them, rinse the fillets, and pat dry. Dredge egg and roll seasoned breadcrumbs mixed with Ton Chachere's cajun seasoning, fry in oil.

They are good by themselves (my son would say), but I like to make fish tacos out of them at this point. I do the corn tortillas in hot oil for less than a minute, don't let them get crisp. Dice cabbage finely. Sauce is 50/50 ranch dressing/buttermilk (don't use the the low fat/fat free crap). Top with Tongue of Rooster aisian hot sauce (careful, a little goes a long way!). I've tried to add stuff (cheese, tomatoes...) and it just goofs up the flavor of this really basic recipe.

Probably 9 out of 10 people I cook these for really love them. It sounds a little off the wall, but trust me they are great. And yes it works with perch, crappie, 'gills or any other white meat type fish. Slime rockets don't work with the taco recepie.

Enjoy!
[signature]
Why not to keep LM bass...

They don't plant them any more...

They can be fished out or so low of numbers it makes for bad day fishing...

The bigger they get the more fun to catch & release for another days fishing...

They are such fun to catch and in many ways and lures like top water and such...

They have a handle to hold them so you can get your lure back and release them...

They are more fun to catch and release then eat...

The bass you keep today is one less you can catch tomorrow....
[signature]
You need to take people up on their offer when they put out a invite. I have invited many people I have met here on BFT. I usually fish alone so I am always asking if someone wants to go out on my boat with me fishing. Next time you see a invite jump on it quick... Also, dont give up if you see someone has already responded before you. I have went thru the list of guys wanting to fish and pick one.... Next time I go for Wipers I will keep you in mind ok....
[signature]
Eventually the gestapo has to step in and make it "None under 20". Or no keep at all. Im sure you were just firing shots over the bow of the bass folks. They are pretty passionate about their favorite fish. Bass are good eating. Most fish are. But with the kind of pressure some waters get here at least let the big spawners go and eat some of the smaller ones. Thats all I have to say.
[signature]
i was under the impresion that they dont stock walleyes in utah either..right or wrong.?
[signature]
Ummmmm... large mouth bass are sun fish Smile Personally I let them all go, but I've eaten my share.
[signature]
Your right they don't but more people fish for bass then eyes, and more bass are caught then eyes....Right....
[signature]
but more walleye are keep and ate then bass....bass taste nasty..
[signature]