Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Braided Line
I absolutely hate braided line. I just think its a pain in the butt cant cast it very well and it takes to long to break the line and tie a new lure on. I would feel more confident fishin with it but i havent found a line that i like. Whats your favorite braid?
[signature]
i used it once in the river..the rivers fast and rocky..it frayed badly on the rocks and i lost several fish becouse of it..never used it again..
[signature]
I use it on half my rods for fresh and salt water. 8lb for freshwater, 25lb for salt. Never breaks and I can toss it a mile. Starts to fray after a couple of years, I just but it on another reel so the back is now front. Good for another year or two. Powerpro and Fireline are my faverites. Don't use it on a baitcaster unless you use a higher weight.
[signature]
That's all i use is braid. Try Stren Super Braid. I love the stuff and can cast it a mile
[signature]
I use braided line all the time. I also have it on more than half of my rods for all types of fishing. I have switched to Power-Pro(30# and 50#) and Spiderwire Stealth in 30# and 50# for different techniques. Give it another try and i think you will like it.[Wink]
[signature]
braided line is great for heavy cover areas
[signature]
I throw a ton of braid, and the only two drawbacks I really see are the visibility factor and the fact that it will break on sharp rocks. Other than that, you have the most sensitive line and the easiest hooksets with braided line. It should cast like a champ, the only problems I had were throwing excessively heavy lures (compared to the rod rating) with a spinning rod and picking up wind knots. I throw Power Pro and some Spiderwire. With P.P., I use 15 pound for Senkos & finesse, 20 pound for spinnerbaits and smaller rigs like tubes, 40 pound for Texas-rigs, jigs, frogs, and Carolina. There's times I opt for Fluorocarbon and trade sensitivity for invisibility, but I prefer to toss the braided stuff for anything but shaky head and drop shotting.
[signature]
Power-Pro 30# and 50# and Spiderwire Stealth in same pound test.

have it on all my rods except light stuff. usually use a 2' flouro leader.

works well. can feel live bait burp! great around heavy cover (except sharp rocks, like jettys in the salt)

took some getting used to, but love it now. I've done the respool trick too to switch the opposite ends of the line. got an extra season out of the spool.
[signature]
I use stren sonic braid its round its coated and it rocks.
I use braids on a couple of my rods the rest use mono.
Gama too be exact its the best mono Ive used.
So if your shying away from Braid try Gama mono or its fluorocarbon its the shitzzNik..
[signature]
+1 on the power pro. but I still prefer floro over braid. Sunline FC Sniper will give you the same sensitivity and 16 lb test is a bear to break! For drop shotting/shaky head even split shotting 4 to 8 lb. test Sunline Shooter. Expensive stuff but well worth the money when money is on the line!
[signature]
sufix makes s. braided line, note check your brake on your reel, works ok spinning reels
[signature]