Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
beginner carp fisher
Hello, I'm new to carp fishing and i'm going this weekend... what are some good recipes for bait?
[signature]
shreaded wheat mixed with liquid then squeze liquid out and make into dough balls..some people use watter other people use kolade ans some even use soda pop..cant tell the difference my self..canned corn works good too..
[signature]
thanks I'll give that a try. [Smile]
[signature]
you might have to get the large dough ball youve created wet again from time to time they will dry out..just break of a peice from the dough ball and mold it to the hook..
[signature]
Since your moving to Arkansas you will love the carp fishing here. I have a secret recipe I use and catch tons of them here in NE Arkansas.

Ingredients:

Strawberry Kool-aid
Flour
Anise
Green food coloring
1 cup of cabbage

Take the cabbage and grind it until its mush.

Mix in large bowl:

2 packs of strawberry kool-aid
3 cups of flour
2 tbsp of anise
ground cabbage
Green food coloring (about 1 tbsp)

add apple juice slowly until the mixture starts to stick to your fingers. Stop adding juice.

add more flour until the mixture no longer is "sticky"

Put it in a old plastic container that is about twice as large as the dough you have made and let it sit all day until it rises.

Cap it and freeze it.

It will thaw in about a hour or two and is re-usable over and over.

Somtimes I just put it on a hook with no weight or float and cast it out and reel it in real slow.

Somtimes I use a float and no weight at about 1 foot deep and let it sit.

I catch huge carp on this bait consistently and never use any other bait when carp fishing.

Good luck!
[signature]