Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
salmon again..
if any body or everybody is interested in a salmon fishing trip on the west side this year let me know..what rivers are you clossest to what one interests you most..i dont know all of them but ive fished quite a few..let me know what your interest is and see what we can work out..remember the farther north you go the earlier the runs start..timming is every thing..
[signature]
We've gotten a few cool days and somewhere in the back of lurtch's head a little trigger is going off saying ..... the salmon are comming the salmon are coming the salmon are coming... [Wink]

Either that or he is just a complete physco when it comes to fall river salmon fishing (like me)

The wifey and I are MOST interested in hitting some new places. Let us know when and where and we'll be there.
[signature]
I am looking at moveing to the GRand Rapids area in the near future (Rockford) I am an avid salmon fisherman when do they run up there? Is the Rouge river any good?
[signature]
lol, I think them canidian winds are blowning the sent of salmon down his way...[sly]

Its my understanding that we are having a valcanic summer... a valcano in russa went off several weeks back making temps realy cool for us around here.

aint nothing like hooking in to a 4-5 foot king.... [cool] the biguns come far later than most of the other runs, round about mid october, at least that has always been my experience at the tippy.... True there are fewer fish in the water, there are also fewer anglers on the water as well, and it dose get cold at night....
[signature]
the rouge river is probly the best steelhead river in west michigan..i get 12 to 14 fish a nite in the spring..theres a big run of salmon but there kinda old by the time they get there..well hook up when you get herethe run doesnt start till sept here..we get a good run of big browns and steelhead..alot of them ..in the fall also..you got to see it to belive it..
[signature]
the clock is ticking..a month and a half away..im already getting my equipment ready and restocking supplies..you guys can have the salmon ..ill get all the steelhead and walleye i can carry..yea i get board in the summer..
[signature]
when you see me wadding out to the second run at six street in watter that no sane man would try to wade..then youll for sure know im crazy...
[signature]
why you waiting for a month and half .. pounding the eyes right now LOL
[signature]
Ya' know the Kings start up the manistee in july , usually second or third week , by labor day they are jumping at the dam , just a few but they are fresh and agressive .

I'll be up pentwater/ludington area the last 3 weeks of august , after that it will be manistee and the au sable on alternating weekends .....
[signature]
ive heard that report before..just never got up there to check it out..might be fun..i usually fish the penwatter in nov..for steelhead...take one of those weekends in late august to first week of sept. and meet me on the betsie..not that far from you..
[signature]
no boat guy..gotta fish from shore or wait for an invite..
[signature]
bummer dude
[signature]
theres plenty of trout fishing to do and have use of a boat on 2 very goog bluegill lakes..its cool
[signature]