Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What rod?
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3][Image: happy.gif]If money was no object, which fly rod would you add to your arsenal?[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
my arsenal to date is a 5/6 shakespeare, a 6wt sage launch, and a 6wt rivendell switch rod.. Id add, with matching reels 3 wt sage launch, a heavier 10/12 wt rod for saltwater.. and a spey rod... not sure on the manufacturer on the last two.. sage, orvis, beulah maybe..

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3][Image: dumb.gif]I didn't say that you could buy out the whole store, just one rod and okay a reel too.[Image: bobwink.gif] I'm inclined to go with an Orvis Mitey Mite Bamboo and a Hardy Reel. [/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
lol.. well you did say funds were unlimited.. soooooo with my wife that means all you can get until she stops ya.. LOL.. figure the more I can get away with the better I will be in the long run.. but.. since you are restricting to one rod for now I would lean toward filling the lighter weight rod slot.. a good 2-4 wt rod with a well balanced reel.. but dont forget the line... and the leader.. and the rod sock and or tube to go with it...LOL

MacFly
[signature]
Me, easy. Glenn Brackett Winston Bamboo, and a Rainbow Trout Abel reel.
[signature]
heres my wish list as as were dreaming..sage z axis spey rod with 4500 series reel..i beleive in santa claus
[signature]
A 7 to 8' 3wt Elk Horn 4 piece with a 5/6 wt large arbor reel will do me just fine.
[signature]
another helios.... probably a 2 weight, matched with another battenkill, i love mine.
[signature]
i spoke to soon. id get the new winston 3 weight i just read about yesterday, not sure about a reel, maybe that pretty abel with the custom paint job.
[signature]
What Winston?
[signature]
here you go

http://www.winstonrods.com/boronIIt.html
[signature]
SWWWWWEEEEEEET!
[signature]