Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hooks???
Not sure if I should put this here or where???

They or some one posted about Easy2Hook hooks and I got a sample to try this is what happen and what I think...

1. They only sent ONE hook to try...If any time some one only sends me one lure or one color of a lure its a waste.... Why cause how can you make a good or bad judgment on only one lure or hook...

2. Right off I like to see if the hook is sharp ... One way of doing this is the thumb nell test...
So I ran the hook point down my nell and the point bent over and did not stick or mark my nell...

3. Would it stay on the line with out a knot....NO ....
The line I use is Andy line in 12# , the ball was so small the line would not stay on, I went to 10# line same thing...

Then I tried 8# it tried to stay but would still come off..The hook they sent looked like a 2/0 to 3/0 hook size....

I would not buy this hook till they do some change, just a very bad hook all test done by me failed...
[signature]
Not the report I am sure they were hoping to receive. I will report on my findings with their trout hook that I trust will arrive any day. I am a sucker for "free".
[signature]
I said from the start I would let them and post what I like or disliked about the hooks/hook... I can only judge the one hook they sent .... I mite have had a bad hook....

I have had knots slip and come lose, so I have a hard time thinking a hook will stay on with out a know....
[signature]
For me, I fish with primarily plastics, i.e. reapers, maniac cutter bugs and Sinkos, I use Ownner cutting point down shot offset and Mutzuo circle hooks in the size you prefeer, for me, i.e. #1-2 or smaller. [Smile][Smile][Wink]
[signature]