Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WEBER monday PIGS!!
hit the weeb on monday afternoon/evening, havent hit it since the water resided (a little )

fishing was good got some toads and a few dinkers...
water was nice enough to fish without the waders it just took some getting used to lol

this was first time chasing weber monsters in a while!! i was getting discouraged when i hadnt caught a big brown for the day but this oinker hit right at dark thirty.. check her out!! not the best colors but fought like no other!!! going too hit it again this weekend some time... i want a mountable hook jaw male in the 30inch range.

all fish were caught on plastics exept for the stomper bow my buddy is holding up... it remarkably hit a rainbow roostertail!! the big brown was around 9lbs and the bow around 6... also hooked 2 others that were believed to be larger but both spit the hook...

all in all around 30 troutskis total... no cutts though which was strange?? all fish were released unharmed. [Wink]
[signature]
"all fish were released unharmed."

[cool] [#0000ff]First of all. Great report and some really nice fish.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]You are a well respected angler on this board and have contributed a lot of good reports. But, I have to say something about the way you handle those big trout. They should not be held vertically, especially by the gills. They may swim away when you release them but holding them the way you do for pictures is likely to cause damage both to the gills and the internal organs. Much better to just cradle them under the front and back and to hold them horizontally until you can release them.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I hope you do not think this is a personal attack. It is not. And, I personally do not care if you keep and eat any of those biggies. I applaud that you choose to release them. I am merely suggesting that if you really want them to be there for another trip you might wanna treat them a little nicer. Trout are wimps and it does not take much to damage them.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Keep up the good work. You guys really seem to have the big fish dialed in on the Weber. I'm sure there are a lot of jealous anglers who would love to learn your spots and your secrets.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Nice catching[Smile] You are gonna have to change your username to UTTROUTMAN if you keep posting more reports of Trout than Cats[laugh] Thanks for sharing the pics.[fishin]
[signature]
Wow very nice fish I am amazed. Would it be to much to ask to get a general area of where you were pig hunting???[shocked]
[signature]
Well stated TD. I hope the boys will take your feedback to heart. You cannot handle a trout like a walleye or muskie. I remember reading a catch and release mortality study on trout published by the Idaho fish and game many years ago. The biologists stated an 80% or greater mortatility rate for trout that were handled through the gills during catch and release when the water temperature was above 65 deg. I don't remember the exact statisitic for colder water temps, but it was lower. I cringe every time I see pics of large trout being handled that way when it is stated they were released.
[signature]
Sunrise on the water
Some really nice one for sure! Was this in town or up high? How long was that brown?
[signature]
Wow!! way to go guys those are some amazing trout, and kudos to throwing them back!! You guys are some great sports!! Keep up the good work, great post[sly]

MM
[signature]
Muskies should not be held up by the gills also for the same reasons.
[signature]
[fishin]I never thought of a brown trout as a wimp, maybe a rainbow. Anyway these are some trophy fish that were thrown back and probably survived these guys should get some credit at least they gave the fish another chance by tossing them back
[signature]
[quote monstermasher][fishin]I never thought of a brown trout as a wimp, maybe a rainbow. Anyway these are some trophy fish that were thrown back and probably survived these guys should get some credit at least they gave the fish another chance by tossing them back[/quote]

I believe the issue was the handling of the fish. Everyone that practices catch-and-release deserves a pat on the back. However, a little knowledge never hurt anybody. Browns may be more resiliant than Bows, but they too will die when handled by the gills. I believe everyone was just informing them that if they truly want to catch those fish again, hold them in a cradle position and not through the gills. Nice fish!

-Rich
[signature]
thank you Tube master for your advice on that i have always handled them very gently and have never thought about them being damaged the way i hold them [:/]... i have always thought of browns as being very tough ... but i guess i was wrong.... i will be sure that my next monster brown i catch will be held horizontal in the pictures... thank you for your input [Wink]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]That's cool. Again, I hope you don't take it as a personal attack or think I was pickin' on ya. Yes, browns are probably tougher than rainbow "hatchery pets". but they are nowhere near as tough as the cats and many other species. I'm sure they will appreciate a little more TLC from you.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Now, if you can only look just a little more enthusiastic in your pictures. You always look like you are having your drivers' license picture taken. But, some of us want justice. Others want mercy. At least your fish always look good.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
man i need someone to show me how to fish the web!
[signature]
[quote TubeDude][cool][#0000ff] At least your fish always look good.[/#0000ff][/quote]

I would be thrilled to be ugly behind those fish anytime![cool] Held horizontally of course.[Wink]

Nice fish and great thread.
[signature]
Ok here it goes.
No attack intended on this post either, but I have to get this out there [:/]

I'm having a really hard time with people posting incorrect weights and lengths of fish. Just because you hold the fish closer to the camera, doesn't mean the fish is ACTUALLY bigger. Take a look at the following pictures
[inline "5 pound brown.bmp"]
[inline "Causey Brown 3.JPG"]
[inline "8 pounds 13 oz brown.bmp"]

You say the brown you caught was 9 pounds. The brown in the second pic is under 9 pounds, but has double the girth and length. How is that possible???
I have seen many big browns in my days and I'm pretty sure that doesn't break the 9 pound mark, infact I would probably give it half that. Maybe there was a error in your scale or something, but I'm having a really hard time understanding this 9 pound thing. Please enlighten me if I'm wrong and help me understand.
[signature]
I don't know, man, they look similar to me. The only reference on the two pictures are your bodies. If you are 5'7", utcatman is like Yao Ming, his trout probably way over 10lbs Smile
[signature]
Hey bro you should have blacked out your fishing hole. Im not nearly as impressed now that I know where your going. Still good fish but I have seen much bigger out of there, you can find a big old 30 inch hook jaw if you keep at it.. Thanks for letting them swim, now I can enjoy them as well!! Try some berkley gulp in there they smoke it.[cool]
[signature]
hello rock fish... haha who might u be... and dont be saying where this is ....im guessing your someone i know.... or someone who knows of me...
[signature]
thank u for your opinion.
[signature]
Dont worry I dont want any more people finding it than you do...[Image: bobwink.gif]
[signature]