Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spadefish, Jellyfish and a Crazy Dog
I had a couple hours to spare this morning so I made the run from my house in Poquoson to the 3rd Island again for some spades. I left at 0630 hrs to a stiff SSW 20 mph breeze so I was only able to do about 25-30 mph. I anchored on the ocean side and had two in the first hour, then the Capt. of the "Blue Dragon" called out to me that there were a lot of spades a couple hundred yards away from me. I set up there and promptly caught several more, thanks Capt. All were caught with fresh clams about 5-7ft down. On the way back home I came across a massive school of jellyfish, there was thousands of them from the surface on down, I will have nightmares tonight of falling off my ski in the middle of them. Ha! I went back home at 1130 and picked up my wife for a 30 mile Bay Cruise on the Ski, we stopped at New Point Comfort Light and a nearby beach. We got back right as the wind started to pick up again around 1430. Now for the crazy dog, Yesterday a bunch of us took our Skis to a local beach. While there a Lab was swimming laps around me while I was giving my Grandson a ride. He would not let me be until I gave him a ride around for a while. His owner said he cant take his boat out without him. First time a gave a dog a jet ski ride. Had a great weekend, made it out Friday, Saturday and Sunday, covered over a 120 miles on the Jet Ski.
[Image: IMG00298-1.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0001e-4.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0072b-1.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0012d.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0018b-1.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0023b-2.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0033c-1.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0038c.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0002e-2.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0055b-1.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0084-1.jpg]
[signature]