Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TubeDude
[unsure]Pat.

I am sorry I could not make it today. I forgot about a doctors appointment (lots

of fun) How did you and the Mrs. do today? I went out last night and bought a bunch

of small jigs to add to my collection, as well as a new reel loaded with both 2 & 4 Lb.

line.

Let me know how things went.

Thank you

George Humrich
[signature]
[cool]Hey, George, welcome to the forum. I watched for you, by your description, and all I saw was some slender young ladies in bikinis. Somehow I knew that wasn't you.

I will be doing a report tomorrow, when I get the pics downloaded. I got about 60 to 70 yellow bass and three cats...all about 3 pounds. I also had an epic battle with a big ol' carp and wish you were there to enjoy the combat. TubeBabe lost two cats and brought in about 30 yellow bass.

The heat was brutal. It was 108 when we hit the water and 110 when we got off. You didn't miss much from that standpoint.

Stay in touch and we will "hook up" out there on the water.
[signature]
sorry to butt in tubedude , but just thought i'de give you a snowbirds weather report after seeing your temps . 80's in the sunlight , 40's in the moonlight .

bikini's by day , snuggling by nite [cool] ! who needs a.c. ?

just out of curosity , have you ever thought of desigining a fold up canopy for a tube ? somehow i just pictured you with the first rag-top tube in history .

your pal , lonehunter

p.s. this is NOT a bombing raid [Wink] .
[signature]
they sell canopies for tubes. I saw one on ebay. it is kind of like the shade on strollers. you know how on the strollers the shade pulls out from somewhere near the handle, well, this canopy folds down onto the back of the tube and folds back up about half way over the tube. this could cause some problems when it comes to casting, however. It also only fits donuts. well, I am sure you could fit it onto a pontoon or something, but you would have to customize it.

joe
[signature]
[cool]SHEEEEESH! Here we go again. All the non-tubers and pseudo experts tryin' ta tell me howta run my ship.

Canopy...INDEED. I don't even have a can-o-pee on my craft. That's something that would come in a lot more handy. Those calls of nature happen right regular on the water. Protection from the sun? Too late. My brain is already pretty much cooked.

Just for the sake of acknowledging your suggestion...from the perspective of someone who don't float their butt in an inflated donut...what kind of canopy would you suggest I install? Us fishy-smelling he-man types couldn't do with a pretty pink one with tassles and stuff. To avoid getting even more hoots of laughter than we already do, it would have to be a ratty old canvas tarp or something. But those things weigh a ton, and I already get a hernia totin' my boat to the wet.

On the practical side, I truly have longed for some kind of covering for fishing in the hot sun. However, I do most of my fishing early in the day, and seldom stay on the water during the periods of high overhead sun. The downside...besides the weight...would be the potential for catching wind and either lifting off from my craft...or turning me into an unwilling participant in a sailboat race.,,with only one entrant.

As Joe pointed out, unless there was a very unique design, that did not impede casting, tackle rotation and fish handling, a canopy would probably be more of a liability than an asset.

Still, the next time I'm on the water, in the hot sun, and I smell frying bacon...and it's me...I'll probably be thinking real hard about something I could whip up using PVC and nylon cloth. HM-M-M-M-M.

P.S. You're always welcome aboard our little forum, my fine friend from the north. Come next winter, it will be my turn to trade weather reports on your board. Bwa Ha Ha Ha Ha. (Whimper Whimper)
[signature]
PINK ? NAA , THATS NOT YOUR COLOR ! MAYBE A POWDER BLUE .[shocked]

DOSEN'T MY MR. QUACKERS QUALIFY AS A TUBE ??????????

BUT , TO MACHO UP A CANOPY , MAYBE SOME DINGLE-BALLS AND A LITTLE (BOBBLE HEAD) DOG ON THE BACK WHO'S HEAD GOES BOING A BOING BOING . ( STOLEN FROM CHEECH AND CHONG ).[Wink]

WELL AS LONG AS THOES "PEOPLE " ARE GIVING YOU A CHUCKLE OR TWO , WHAT ABOUT ONE OF THOES UMBRELLA HATS , YOU CAN STILL ATTACH DINGLE BALLS ON THEM , LET OUT A LITTLE AIR FROM THE TUBE AND HAVE THE FIRST LOW-RIDER TUBE ! LOL ![cool]

NOW THIS DEFINATLY QUALIFIYS AS A BOMBING RAID [Smile]
[signature]