Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
get togeather
Would anyone like to have a fishing day with people on the PA board. It would be nice to get guys and gals togeather for a day on the water and to meet good friends that post on BFT. Its just a thought. Any takers?[fishin]
[signature]
I would be up for it. If its not to far away. Can all fish and do a bar B Q type thing.
[signature]
I think this will be a good thing . Of course we need guys with boats and i thought we could do this on the susquehanna river at gouldsboro in the fall . I have a 18' G3 with a 115 jetdrive so we have one boat already
[signature]
[quote JeffGorecki] i thought we could do this on the susquehanna river at gouldsboro in the fall .[/quote]

Hmm thats alittle to far for me. Thats about a 5 hour drive from here. I might have to pass on it. How far are you from erie?
[signature]
Im near Harrisburg . So erie is about 5 hours for me
[signature]
[quote JeffGorecki]Im near Harrisburg . So erie is about 5 hours for me[/quote]

Hmm I guess we can see how many people are interested and find a happy medium for everyone. If we have till the fall im sure we can figure out something by then.[Image: happy.gif]
[signature]
there ya go that sounds like a plan[Wink]
[signature]
i would love to have a get together...but i can't drive, and my parents hate driving far haha..so only options for me are North Park Lake or the Allegheny River..or the Point, anywhere around Pittsburgh basically
[signature]
I would not mind doing it, but i really dont wanna put my new boat on the river and beat it to death. I only have a 20hp on my boat and its not a jet prop. If i had one of them i would say sure lets do it. Unless you know of a good place to but in down there where there is alot of deep water.
[signature]
There is plenty of deep water at Gouldsboro to run a prop boat . I have friends that run there bigger bass boats with 200hp and do fine . I the fall there you dont have to go far from the boat ramp . put the boat in and start fishing . with all the tournaments that go outta there the fish dont leave the pool . Or i can tell ya where to run your boat . I no i have a jet boat but its 18 foot with a 115 . you wont beat your boat up . You just have to be carefull .
[signature]
Hmm are you guys just limited to lakes and rivers?? I mean the fall time should be good for creeks and streams why not do that? I mean we can walk them or find a good spot set up a fire cook some food BS and what not. Its just a thought. LMK
[signature]
Well in that case im game! ill come down and put my boat in for a day and see what i can round up. I always wanted to fish that river but never made it down there. I got another little 12" boat with a 10hp on it, that i could use and not worry about beating it up to bad. but its not near as comfortable to fish from. I use it all the time on the juniata river by me.

I am not limited to lakes and rivers, i just chose not to fish streams cause i have been bitched at, swore at, and damn near shot by property owners. dont really have a soft spot for that stuff no more. I was even standing in the creek and they told me they own it. I said the state stocks this creek and that gives me right to fish it as long as i stay in the creek. That when i got out a pistol. So yeah screw creeks and streams.
[signature]
Hey bigpikeguy . You shouldent have any prob in gouldsboro with your bigger boat . I fish there all the time . well i only live about 5 miles from there . But you should be fine . I wont stear ya wrong . I dont like beating my boat up eather
[signature]
We always have the pymatuning??? Mostly all interstate to there and boat docking for 10 a day... Don't even have to pull your boat out of the water... I know mine is sitting there waiting for the trailer repair.

Tim
[signature]
My boat is not big, its a G3 Eagle 165. It just dont have a jet prop lol. But i think i will be fine.

I think they pymatuning would be great! Although that is on the Ohio border and that would be a far drive for everyone. I dont mind cause i go there all the time but someone from the central part of the state may not wanna go there. Another thing is that lake is limited to 10hp. I heard they were gonna make it 20hp but not sure if they did yet. Alot of guys are gonna have bigger motors.
[signature]
Thats about a 4+ hour drive for me . Justa little to far. Well maybe [Image: happy.gif] we have to find out who live in what ares and go from there . But it would be nice to meet the guys ya chat with on BFT
[signature]
Hey! bigpikeguy, Are you serious ? the book says the land owner can do just so , even if its stocked by the State . Its up to the PFBC to stop the stocking of trout due to ownership problems.The only time that you can walk down the middle of the creek without someone claiming the land > is when its considerd NAVIDABLE WATERS . ( oops! I'm not useing spell check ) at that point you have the go ahead. For example > the Juniata ri. or the Swatara creek that goes threw resident homes. they have NO ruby slippers here. So that would be a good one > a float trip down part of the juniata or swatara or any other good location with a mix of cold and warm water fishing. Could even wade in the fall without boats to satisfy all. What do you all think ? Fall doe host the biggest fish and best weather.
[signature]
Just wanted to know what you all decided to do so i can see if i will make it or not.
[signature]
this fall is crazy for me and i really cant plan ahead for anything. Im thinking spring would be a better time for me. Just let me know if that would be ok with you guys.
[signature]
Spring would be better for me also . We just got to decide where were going to fish at . titelines see ya on the water[Image: happy.gif][fishin]
[signature]