Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deep Creek Reservoir
Anyone have any current fishing information on fishing for bass in Deep Creek? That's the one off hwy 15 on the way to Weston? Right?
[signature]
I didn't know there were bass in deep creek.

Windriver
[signature]
I've fished it a few times, and I haven't seen any signs of bass. It looks like it should be good habitat with lots of weeds, but I've only caught rainbows there. Granted I haven't really targeted the bass, but I would think if there were a decent population I would have caught some on the leech patterns I fish for the trout, or would have seen some by now. It produces some fat rainbows though. I'm looking forward to fishing it this fall.
[signature]
Hummmmmmmm, well guys, I didn't know anything other than I kept passing it and wondering. Looked it up in the Id. F&G and it said bass and you could keep any size???? Then I met a land owner up by Condie that indicated there was good bass fishing there, unless he was getting it Confused with another pond. Thus the question? [Smile]
[signature]
No Bass in Deep Creek, i fish it every week and have for several years and they killed it off years ago do to bucket bioligists planting bass in there, a few fisherman have came up and tryed to catch some but they had heard such as you rumors that there are bass in there. there were several years ago but no more..............just nice size Kamloops.............[inline 013.JPG]
[signature]

It was emptied a few years ago to do some repair work on the the Dam. The Fish and Game decided not to replant the bass in deep creek because they they were illegally planted and had not done well. Many fish small size.
[signature]
Just slime rockets man sorry....
The bass fishing is gone south this last 2 years...
This year is just getting worse for the weather..
[signature]
some nice cuttbows in there also. anyone know if they ever put the kokanee that they were reportedly going to.
[signature]