Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FILLETING CATFISH
Not if your down south. Most lakes don't have size limits and some do.

[#ff0000][size 3]EAT IF THEY TASTE GOOD[/size][/#ff0000]
[signature]
[quote hedgesd]Not if your down south. Most lakes don't have size limits and some do.

I'm "down south" and nice heavy fines apply to taking bass of certain size, not to small, not to large.
And the game wardens measure them.
kitty

[#ff0000][size 3]EAT IF THEY TASTE GOOD[/size][/#ff0000][/quote]
[signature]
2003?
[signature]
ive done bassicly this same method..with salmon and steelhead for years..with the same results..there good..ihave found recently that soaking the strips in milk takes away all the fishy taste and the kids love it..
[signature]
I not quite sure why this post is here in this section but if you cut a basses head off it will most likely be under 12 in..then the tail and heck you could get what was an 18in female down to 8 or 9 easy...
[signature]
The last post was a joke in case any of you didnt get it.. please dont PM me about it..still dont understand why those bass posts about utah are in here but where i come from you make your own fun...but yeah follow the rules and take what is legal! I love catching bass as much as the next guy.[angelic]
[signature]
boy..we must have it backwards over here..a bass has to be 14 inches or bigger to keep..maybee thats why they taste so bad..
[signature]
I dont know where your at but i know oregon is pretty backward. Depending on the zone of the waterway in the state determines what you can keep and I have seen them change the rules in the middle of the season. They actually pay people to sit in view rooms at the dams and count how may fish swim by.
[signature]
this is michigan speaking..our pike have yo be 24 inches...uor wallye have to be 14 inches and our trout have to be 8 inches..these rules havnt changed in years..never heard of a size limit were they had to be under a certain size..seems od to me..
[signature]
This video contains some bad words but its Gordon Ramsey AKA Hells Kitchen and a couply of down south good ole redneck noodlers who know how to get the red out of the meat its simple and it works great See for yourself. Let me know if it works for you

[url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztFZ8EBklRk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztFZ8EBklRk[/url]
[signature]
Sorry didnt see it the first time
[signature]
I have never heard of cutting the tail. Good video other then the constant F bombs he's dropping. I'll cut the tail from now on. Guess I've got to catch some kitties to do that first ha ha.
[signature]