Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard and a Huge Wiper!!!!!!!
Thanks everyone! It's in the freezer waiting to go to the tack shop.I will show everyone after it's done. [Image: happy.gif]

Here is another pic of my dad holding it. It was pretty funny because my dad didn't know how big this fish was he has never caught a wiper and thought this fish was just a regular sized wiper. He will tease me for years on how excited I got when I saw the fish. [sly]
[signature]
What a beast man. Congrats.
[signature]
That's a Hawg! congrats dude!
[signature]
Thanks Ralph.

It's longer than the state record and is the longest out of there[Wink] That I know of? I can't believe she didn't weigh more.Plenty of food in there.very healthy fish though.

I agree it's time for a new digital camera.

fnf[cool]
[signature]
Nice Job Tony. Great looking fish
[signature]
Thanks
[signature]
Very nice fish...NOW for the bad news.....

If you would have took the pictures and all and released it you would have had the state C&R record that now stands at 25"....

But don't fell to bad last year I got one and, yes it tasted good then I found out I had another C&R...Mine was long but skinny only about 5 or 6lb but not sure on weight for sure now but 27 1/2" long...
[signature]
Nice fish! I caught one last october that was 26 inches and went almost the same weight. A couple more months and yours may have went over 9 ![sly]
[signature]
Excellent Wiper, haven't gone fishing that much lately so nice to see some pics at least. Too busy nowadays to keep with my 3 days or more per week fishing sprees. Yes, when close to any record, get off the water right away if you want that benchmark. All fish lose weight quick. I had a fish take a dump and literally dumped out a good 5 oz of digested forage before it could hit the scale. I know it weighed more if it hadn't lost water and feces.
[signature]
That fish would have never survived...once their in the live well their dead! Atleast that's my take.

Nice fish though!
[signature]
I beg to disagree. the tournys i have fished are mostly live release, and according to the dwr the survival rate is good as long as they are properly cared for in the well.
[signature]
In the BFT wiper tournament two years ago I put the two wipers in my live well and weighed them and let them go after and they looked great and swim away in great shape...
[signature]
Congratulations Tony, you deserve that one, that would have been a sweet fish to catch during a tournament. I agree with the member that said it likely lost weight before you got it to the scales. No doubt it was over 9 lbs. The one I'm holding in my avatar is 27" and 9 lb. Later in the year it might have been a new state record. It will be an awesome mount for sure. Way to go my friend.
[signature]
Thanks Buddy,
I know I screwed up,But My dad was only able to fish with me that one day, He is on is way back to St gorge today, we want ed to fish jordanelle tonight but he has got to get back down there.

fnf[cool]
[signature]
No, you did not screw up, you did the same thing any one of us would have done when we have such a short amount of time to spend with our loved ones. I was just pointing out to the guy that said it was under 9 lbs, why the fish weighed less than what I'm sure it weighed when you caught it. I think any one of us would be glad to catch a wiper that size from Willard. I'm looking forward to seeing the fish after the mount is finished.
[signature]
You will
I got a good lead from Packfan,looking around in the salt lake area also.
Thanks again
fnf[cool]
[signature]