Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stimulus
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3][Image: dumb.gif]How about the rod & reel industry getting a piece of the stimulus spending? I would think that the manufacturers & retailers of these products that have seen sales plummet in the past several months would welcome a shot it the arm to get sales moving again. Seriously if you are in the market for a new rod & or reel are you waiting for prices to drop? We had seen one example of this when Orvis had a promo offering a free Battenkill reel with the purchase of one of their rods.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
Orvis offered great deals long before this happened with either free line, or free spool. With a $700.+ USA made rod, throwing in an Asian made reel was easy. The old days where the reels were English would have been a different story.

I know Winston needed help....bad.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3][Image: happy.gif]Well maybe I'll do my part and buy a Winston rod if they have some fantastic deals to offer. [/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
for me.. getting any kind of stimulus money for fly fishing gear would be very dangerous.. not because of the money etc.. but because my esposa would kill me if I bought more fishing gear.. [laugh] but.. Id say a new h3 or similar pontube would be a very nice addition to my fly fishing gear..

MacFly [cool]
[signature]