Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New tube ordered
I have a Togiak tube and just could not get the seat to adjust for me and stay that way. Then I read where the unit has rip problems. So I ordered a Creek Company ODC 420 Float Tube.

I hope I like this one.

What are your thoughts on the ODC?

My son has the Big Horn, thought on the Big Horn?
[signature]
A BUNCH here and all love them.
You can get some great MOD ideas from the ones that have had them longer and already done the does and don'ts....LOL
[signature]
The ODC 420 is a nice tube, I love mine. Good weight capacity and well made. A little bigger than the Fish Cat 4, which is good. The colors on the new one are really nice, if you got the new one.

My only minor complaint is that I wish it had handles on the sides. It would help when carrying it loaded.
[signature]
Thanks for the replies. ODB, I like the handles on the Togiak. Makes carrying upright much easier.
[signature]
So you guys can come up with these works of art out of PVC, but you can't come up with handles? Nylon strap and velcro.....LOL
[signature]
[quote flygoddess]So you guys can come up with these works of art out of PVC, but you can't come up with handles? Nylon strap and velcro.....LOL[/quote]

Seriously, huh! Actually I have thought about it, but it's so much less glamorous than some crazy rodholder/beverage holder/rocket launcher.

Now you done did it. I have to go make handles now.
[signature]
The ODC 420 came in today. It is still boxed as I am working nights and see no reason to mess with it. I hope to use it this weekend.
[signature]
The maiden voyage of my ODC 420 will be this weekend. I've had it inflated on a table in the basement while I figured out an intial "rigging" . I have a scotty rod holder, and for the first time, a fish finder.

Pockets are OK in size. I've heard others on this forum complain about the valves being in the pockets. They were that way on my old Talon, so that is not an issue for me. The mesh piece they call a stripping apron is just silly. I'll actually use the stabilizer bar and apron from my old Talon tube on this first outing. It covers my entire lap, and I scavanged part of the securing from the old tube to hold it in place.

The tubes inflated easily with a 2 way manual pump. Much faster than my old tube. The seat is much nicer than the sling on the Talon, and I think I'm going to be a way up out of the water.

I hope your first impression when you take it out of the box was as good as mine was.

Tube and Toon at Aurora reservoir here I come.
[signature]
Finally woke up at 14:30. The ODC 420 was on my mind so I opened the box. WOW!!!! First thing I notice is the weight of the material. Then I notice that the bladders are already inside of the unit ready to be inflated. I got the hand pump out and started pumping. The construction of the tube is very nice. Daughter comes in and asks, Dad, how many of these things do you have? (4) I just Smiled. I pick up a Caddis tomorrow. Taking the wife and kids fishing this weekend. This will be the wife and daughters first outing in tubes. I want to get them to a small local lake to get used to tubing.

I will report back. [fishin]
[signature]