Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More SILK
I decided to try BLUE base with Yellow silk looking for the ultimate GREEN.

Turned out pretty cool:

Here is the thread used:

[Image: IMG_1589.jpg]

Laid down the base of Blue thread with a copper wire included plus tied in the Yellow Silk:

[Image: IMG_1585.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1584.jpg]

Then I covered with side by side YELLOW SILK and ribbed with copper wire:

[Image: IMG_1587.jpg]

Finished up the Chironomid with Peacock and White Ostrich for gills:

[Image: IMG_1592.jpg]

NOW ADD WATER:

[Image: IMG_1593.jpg]

OLIVE!!!!
[signature]
[center][font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3][Image: happy.gif][#808000]Now that is cool.[/#808000] [#80bfff]Have you fished it yet?[/#80bfff][/size][/#008000][/font]
[/center]
[signature]
No, just tried it tonight, but it is the OLIVE I like.
[signature]
It looks good. I might have to try tying it myself. Something new!!![cool][cool][cool]
[signature]
awesome.. didnt you do something similar a while back ... like something clear where when it got wet the color underneath showed thru.. ??

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
I did. The TRANSFORMER. But do you know how hard it is to find BLUE fly tying thread? Surprising tuff. I found this at the Close out of Sportsmen's of Pocatello. I know blue and yellow = green, and now I have the blue.
[signature]
awesome.. [Smile]
[signature]
[Image: happy.gif][font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3]Bob Marriotts carries several brands of blue thread.[/size][/#008000][/font][#4040ff]
[/#4040ff]
[center][#4040ff]Fly Master[/#4040ff]
[/center]
[inline "flymstr60 lg.jpg"]
[center][#4040ff]Uni_Thread[/#4040ff]
[inline "Uni 3 0 thread.jpg"]
[/center]
[signature]
anyone tried to do a mosquito patern this way with some gray and black or white and black i would like to see the results.
[signature]
COOL....I will give that a try.
[signature]
My mind is always on call. Took the dog for a walk and was thinking about the Mosquito or even an Adams with black base and white silk, but then I realized....they are dries. You don't want them soaking up water and they won't change color unless they do.
I do like the silkiness of silk thread though with a slight shine and I do have Gray. I am going to try tying up some Mosquitoes out of Gray and black ribbing and Adams out of the gray.
[signature]
Now that it has been a while you catch fish with this yet?
[signature]
So what size of hook did you use?
[signature]
Yes I did. I am using a #12 Tiemco 200R hook and a Tungsten Bead.
I worked on a couple at Strawberry this week.
[signature]
Thanks for the info. I am currently collecting the supplies so as to tie the fly.
[signature]