Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coming to Denver, Any help!!!
Hey all,
I am going to coming out to the Denver area (Parker to be exact) to spend time with the family and was looking to do some fishing while I am there. We will be going to Estes Park on Saturday and have heard there is decent fishing there. Any advise as to where to go and what to use would be great? Also any other places around Parker would be great too? I am not familar with the area so please bear with me...

*I will have a float tube, fly rod, and spinning rod with me.
[signature]
if you fly fish, welcome to paradise (estes park)... there are thousands of miles of small creeks for brookies, hundreds of back copuntry lakes. get a map and be willing to walk less then 1/2 a mile and youll get away from the crowds. hardware chuckers can have alot of luck in the lakes too!
[signature]
You will have lots of options. Do you want to concentrate on trout or warmater fish (primarily largemouth and smallmouth bass)??

With a little more info I can give better help. Welcome!
[signature]
I am not very picky when it comes to the type of fish. I am coming from Salt Lake City so i fish for trout a lot here but am not against anything else. I am just getting into fly-fishing and was looking to concentrate my time on that while I was in CO.
[signature]
There is great bass fishing at Quincy Reservoir in Aurora, and it is float tube friendly. Aurora Reservoir is terrific, but the fish can be toughy right now. Again, it's primarily a wartmwater fishery this time of year, but you could go deep with a sinking line and have a shot at trout as well.

As for flyfishing sttreams for trout, the options are endless, but all will be at least an hour away from Parker. I recommend that you drop in at Anglers All in Littleton and outline what you're looking for. They keep up on stream conditions and what is fishing well.
[signature]
[fishin]I would stick some chunk bait/steak on the hook.It will get you large fish.
[signature]