Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Salmon from the piers
I've been gone for a couple weeks and come back to hearing that the salmon are at the piers already .
Get those glo-spoons out !
I know a few of us make and / or paint our own glo lures , who else is doing this ?
[signature]
It's tooooooooooooo early further down south here for the pier fishing.

I'm told charter boats are doing quite well though. Pulling up some monsters. We are going to try our luck out of saugatuck tomorrow... I'll let you know how we do.
[signature]
we were killing at this time last year on grand haven peir..havnt been there to try it yet to busy..then it was elbow to elbow people every time you hooked a fish youd have 10 lines wraped around yours..
[signature]
I went to Pentwater this weekend .
Downpours and sunshine on and off all weekend [mad] .
Rained ever night I was there so no standing at the pier for me .

The charters wern't doing well at all , today at the cleaning station I did see one 12 lb cromer and a maybe , just maybe 14" cromer as the catch of the day .

The countys marine patroll and coast guard went out looking for a boat in distress around noon .high winds and big waves kept most the charters in dock maintaining and cleaning their boats .
[signature]
have you ever found the hole on the river just above the lake we call the barrell hole...i mentioned it in previous posts to you..its between the bridge by the lake and the first bridge up on the main road comming in ..theres a path through the marsh on the south side of the road..this spot always fills up with fish when they first come in..worth a try on your next trip there..
[signature]
I'll give it a shot this weekend when I head back over .
I'm also going to give the Ludington pier a try during the evenings [fishon].
Will let you know how the action is , the camp has free wi-fi so reports will be daily .
[signature]
Our fishing charter had to cancel on us. It's been dry as a bone for 2 weeks now and I go setup a charter and poof it downpours all weekend long.

Anyway,

We are scheduled to try again this weekend. Reports and hopefully pics to follow.
[signature]
I spent saturday morning washing the camper in the rain , sure beet draging a garden hose all the time [Wink].
[signature]
CHECK OUT THE SABLE BELLOW HAMLIN LAKE...THERES THE DAM AND ABOUT A MILE STRETCH OF RIVER BEFORE IT DUMPS INTO LAKE MICHIGAN..THEY SOMETIMES GET A GOOD SCEMANION RUN THIS TIME OF YEAR..FISH RIGHT WERE IT DUMPS INTO THE LAKE OR JUST BELLOW THE DAM..ITS RIGHT IN THE STATE PARK JUST FOLLOW THE ROAD INTO THE PARK UNYILL IT DEADENDS..HAVE FUN
[signature]
Are you talking about between the bridge and the red barn near the gas station and fruit stand ?
I hoofed it along the road and didn't find a pathway , maybe there is a landmark to look for ?
Not one fish saturday , they had a big to-do in pentwater , tons of boats and fireworks !

From the ludington fishcleaning station , most the guys were fishing 300 to 350 feet of water had small catches 1 to 3 fish barley a foot and a half in length , 200 to 250 feet of water and they limited out on the big salmon , one guy brought in a natural pacific salmon , I snagged that spawn !!
[signature]
Last weekend in Frankfort water temp between piers was 70 degrees. Fish were in 250 ft of water 125 down.
[signature]
IF YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT THE ROAD THAT YOU TAKE FROM THE HIGHWAY TO PENT WATTER STATE PARK..YOU PARK JUST PAST THE BRIDGE WERE IT CROSSES THAT ROAD.THE MARSH IS ON THE SOUTH SIDE AND THERES A PATH RIGHT THERE IN THE REEDS..THE PATH IS IN SIGHT OF THE BRIDGE..IF YOU KEEP DRIVING WEST TOWARDS PENTWATTER STATE PARK..THE NEXT ROAD GOING TO THE SOUTH ONLY WILL TAKE YOU TO A BRIDGE RIGHT AT THE HEAD OF THE LAKE WERE THE RIVER FLOWS IN..THIS CAN BE A GOOD SPOT FOR SURF FISHING..AND OF COURSE IF YOU DRIVE PAST THIS ROAD YOU WILL BE RIGHT NEXT TO THE LAKE..IM THINKING THE PATH HASNT BEEN USED IN A WILE MAYBEE NOT VISABLE ANYMORE,,,ALOT OF THE GUYS THAT USED TO GO THERE STARTED GOING TO A SPOT ON THE KALAMAZZO RIVER..PENTWATTER HAS BEEN KIND OF HIT AND MISS THE LAST COUPLE YEARS..
[signature]
Welcome to the site "Sparty " .
Feel free to jump in on any conversation or start your own [cool].
[signature]
Thanks. Wish the water would cool down.
[signature]
I'm going over to tippy today , will let you know how things are .
[signature]
Heading to Frankfort. Saw lots of fish in Betsie yesterday. A few fish caught off south pier. Mostly before daybreak. Water still 68 degrees..
[signature]
Hey , posted the Tippy report in the "Starting to get an itch" thread .

I'm going [fishin]again this weekend.
[signature]
Heard they were getting fish in Frankfort off both piers.
[signature]
Yea, I'm getting people from all over telling me the fish are commin' in .
Have you been out yet ?
What river do you like to hit ?
[signature]