Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Refurbishing a boo
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3]There are many boo rods on line for sale. Some carry a good label but are in need of new winding, guides, grip & a seat. Anyone have any idea as to what this may cost to do an overhaul? I browsed the Internet but couldn't find any quotes for various segments to repair.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3]Finally found a site that lists repair prices. At least this provides me with a starting point:[/size][/#008000][/font]
[inline rr.jpg]

[center]

[/center]
[signature]
It could be fun refurbishing. The Ferrule and the cork will be the tuffest part. Guides no biggy
Check this place out:

[url "http://www.goldenwitch.com"]Golden Witch Technology[/url]
[signature]
awesome looking rods.. love the extra details (looks like feathers) on some of the rods..

MacFly
[signature]
what rods?
[signature]
the golden witch rods.. in their catalog they show some of the details.. looks like they did some extra decorating on the rods.. or maybe it was the handle.. lol. now you got me Confused.. ;-)

MacFly
[signature]
DUH, I for got I mentioned Golden Witch. Okay I am on the same page now....[laugh][laugh]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3][Image: surprised.gif]20 years ago I would have been up to the challenge of refurbishing a rod myself. Really don't have the patience any more for detailed work. Tying flies is enough for me. But thanks for the site. Maybe we can get Mac to do it in his spare time.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
Love that JUNGLE COCK!
[signature]