• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dav update for tomorrows event
[fishin]
[font ""][/font]this was todays press release i put out on the radio today
[font ""]Hello Fisherman,[/font]
[font ""][/font]
[font ""]Here’s our last update… [/font]
[font ""][/font]
[font ""]We have 43 people (46 including recreation staff) signed up. In that number we have a couple family members/spouses acting as the veterans’ caretakers. Kindly be aware of the veterans and any special needs, but most are quite independent. [/font]
[font ""][/font]
· [font ""]Three veterans use wheelchairs, all are able to transfer in and out of a vehicle. [/font]
· [font ""]One veteran is legally blind[/font]
· [font ""]One veteran has multiple sclerosis[/font]
· [font ""]One-three veterans are on oxygen[/font]
· [font ""]About 90% of the veterans have post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)[/font]
[font ""][/font]
[font ""]One veteran, Michael Olsem, is coming with his family and his own boat. He will meet us there. [/font]
[font ""][/font]
[font ""]Everyone is quite excited about this day! Thank you for making this happen.[/font]
[font ""][/font]
[font ""]Emily[/font] ....

i am leaving about noon see ya there.. todd larson
[signature]
Thanks for the update Emily, in case you haven't done it already, please send this message to all the folks on your Email contact list for this event. Some of them don't check in and read the messages as often as they read their Email. We have several folks that have promised to bring pontoon boats and several larger boats that will be able to handle any of the Vets needs. Now if the weather will just cooperate[:/].
[signature]
You are right...should be interesting weather. Full moon, cold front, and wind. It will either be great fishing or it will turn off completely...I'm hoping for the best. [cool] Either way, it should be fun to meet the vets and fellow BFT'rs.
[signature]
emily, i am not sure if it filtered down but I am volunteering do do first aid etc. not sure if my name made it on the list.
[signature]
I met up with Bassrods and Geezer this morning and picked up 40 NEW rods with reels all spooled up. These will be given to the DAV's to fish with and keep. Should be a great day as long as the weather dont rain us out... See everyone up there.... Drive safe
[signature]