Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
free fishing pond?
how to know fishing is agreeable(free) in a pond?
such as this one by google map:
County Rd-3070,oxford,ms 38655
thanks!
[signature]
you can go to google earth, it is a free program if you havent already downloaded it.

Googleearth.com I think, if not you can google "google earth"..

in the menew on the lower left hand corner after the program is up and running, expand the places of intrest menue, then put a check mark in front of parks and recreation areas.

if it is free fishing minus any park entry fees it usualy has a blue boarder line around it to show it is state or federal owned property.

I looked up the pond you are talking about on that road, there are no public fishing accesses on that body of water.

If that is a county road on the east side, you may be able to stop with a bicycle to fish, but you should check with state and local laws about fishing form the sides of the road.

there are a cople fishing peirs there but they look privetly owned.

the city or township land records "deeds" or county records will show you who owns what and where...

visiting in person is usualy a good idea, they genneraly have topigraphic maps you can look at.
[signature]
thank you very much
last week, I have check the pond and there is a county road. I can drive the car near the water, it is convenient.
However, there are several house near the pond, and i am not sure the pond is belong to private or the state. It is a pity that there are too few person to ask something about it.
if the pond is belong to state, can i fishing in it?
thank you so much
have a nice day
[signature]