Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
line twist
Here is a small problem that Im having. After about
20 or so casts my line gets twisted (closer to reel).
Sometimes I pop the spool off and turn it many times
the other way but that is a pain.
Anybody can tell me how can I stop this twisting or
is there a better way to untwist it, please.

Peter
[signature]
Sorry, can't help. I have heard someone say their line twists before, but I have never had that problem so not sure what is going on.
[signature]
I googled up line twist and it said:

"Sorry, but line does not twist by itself. The angler always causes line-twist."
So it is something you must be doing.
[signature]
I dont think Ive ever had a line twist like that.. Ive tangled line and leader and tippet .. but not twited the line./..

the only things I can think that may help is

1.. as you pull you line back in.. hold the line between the thumb and forefinger of the rod hand.. that type of tension may case the line to counter spin the twist..

2... quick untagle may be to pull your line off the reel until you see there is not tangle.. then do like step 1 ... especially if you are bringing your line back onto the reel..

again.. suggestions.. not sure they would work..

MacFly
[signature]
[quote macfly55]I dont think Ive ever had a line twist like that.. Ive tangled line and leader and tippet .. but not twited the line./..

the only things I can think that may help is

1.. as you pull you line back in.. hold the line between the thumb and forefinger of the rod hand.. that type of tension may case the line to counter spin the twist..

2... quick untagle may be to pull your line off the reel until you see there is not tangle.. then do like step 1 ... especially if you are bringing your line back onto the reel..

again.. suggestions.. not sure they would work..

MacFly[/quote]

Yes on # 1 and #2. I been doing both of those and it helps. I think the line twist maybe because of "open loop"
cast that I do with big bugs (for bass). Every cast puts
in one twist I think. Im not sure if that is it but what alse?

Peter
[signature]
[quote flygoddess]I googled up line twist and it said:

"Sorry, but line does not twist by itself. The angler always causes line-twist."
So it is something you must be doing.[/quote]

Blame it at the angler [Smile][Smile][Smile][Smile]
[signature]
could be.. but as I said Ive never noticed it on my line.. doesnt mean it doesnt happen.. just never noticed it.. [Smile]

MacFly
[signature]
Yea really, huh [laugh]
In the picture, is that you? It looks like a side cast. Don't know if that would do it as I do allot of side casting (saves on rod tips with heavy flies).

Again, I have no idea what causes it or how to fix it.
[signature]
[quote flygoddess]Yea really, huh [laugh]
In the picture, is that you? It looks like a side cast. Don't know if that would do it as I do allot of side casting (saves on rod tips with heavy flies).

Again, I have no idea what causes it or how to fix it.[/quote]

Yes, in the picture that is me. I did side casting there
because of the wind coming at my from my casting side, so I was tring to keep the line away from my. I can cast
across my body to the left but not that good just yet.
I can also shoot line out on the back cast if I need
to if I dont need to make pin point cast to some tight
place.[Smile]
Side casting open loop works good for my with big bugs but I think that is what is twisting the line.
Anyways, I will try to work on it.
Thank you Sis

Peter
[signature]