Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willow Beach 8/19/09
[inline willow02.jpg]

I fished Willow Beach from 6pm-8pm on 8/19/09. I'm Not sure if it was the spot or the time, but I didn't get any bites till 7pm. I fished from the yellow squares on the map, starting at the right, I got zero bites for an hour. Then a man showed up around 7pm. He walked out into the water around waist deep and started casting a small spinner or spoon and was landing trout about every 5 minutes. I immediately headed over there but did not want to get in that cold water, so I casted from shore. Instantly started getting bites in the new spot, and the guy out in the water continued to real in fish steadily.

I finally hooked up with a foot long trout on about my 5th bite, but couldn't hook anymore after that. The man out in the water continued to catch fish and I continued to get many bites.

I fished from the yellow squares, he fished from the orange square. Big green dots are fish caught and small green dots are bites. Red dots are no bites at all.

I tried to ask the man what he was using but he did not respond. I asked a few times but he was kinda far away. Dude caught over 10 fish in an hour.
[signature]
Not sure how many people know the Willow Beach area that well. If you look at the overhead view you can see the small Island and a peninsula. In between these two landmarks is a decent sized shallow area. If you have the special pants or legs that don't freeze easy, this looks like the spot. Just walk out there and start casting a spoon, spinner or jig. It was on fire yesterday.

I would not tell a lie, this man was out in that cold water without the special pants, he just had shorts on. He spent at least 1 hour in that cold water waist deep without getting out. He was in there when i left at 8pm.

I asked this man what he was using to catch the fish but he did not respond. He was kind of far away and he refused to come in lol. Not sure how his legs didn't freeze. From the looks of it and how he was reeling in his line, it had to be a spoon or spinner. It wasn't live, synthetic, or a jig. He would cast and slowly real then repeat, so I'm gonna guess spoon or spinner [Smile].

Well like I said, that spot out in the water was hot yesterday.
[signature]
haha im loving the map. Im gonna have to give that place a try again sometime.
[signature]
Now that's a great way to post a report. I get it! Really, it makes perfect sense to me. Looking forward to the next one!
BaySport
[signature]