Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
some questions...
hey guys. to start off, so it's not confusing. I was born in georgia, then moved to pittsburgh, and every now and then i go back to visit family

anyways. a couple of questions (if you don't mind)

1. Where are some good fishing lakes/rivers near marietta or roswell?

2. What baits are good and what colors? (of course live baits, but i mean like senkos, jigs, lures, etc.)

3. Will I need some sort of fishing license when i fish there? I'm only 15. Next time I go down though is probably going to be next summer, when i'm 16.

Thanks!
[signature]
[quote Aznavalanche]hey guys. to start off, so it's not confusing. I was born in georgia, then moved to pittsburgh, and every now and then i go back to visit family

[indent]How long are licenses valid? How has the "license year" changed?As of mid-February 2004, all recreational hunting and fishing licenses will be good for one full year (12 months) from the day that they are purchased rather than expiring on March 31 of each year. Until now, hunting and fishing licenses expired at the end of the traditional "license year" (March 31) no matter when they were purchased. Commercial licenses (commercial fishing, Wild Animal dealer, wholesale or retail fish dealer, etc) will continue to expire on March 31 of each year however. Since there is no longer a "license year" for recreational licenses, license buyers will now get more value - not to mention more opportunities to hunt and fish - for their annual license purchase price. For more information on license changes - call (800) 366-2661.

Who needs a fishing license?
[#bf0060][#800080][size 4]Anyone age 16 and older must have a current Georgia fishing license in their possession while fishing in freshwater or saltwater in Georgia[/size][/#800080].[/#bf0060] Conservation Rangers may require identification when checking fishing licenses.
Exceptions:

[ul][li]a fishing license is not required to fish in private ponds (this does not include ponds owned by governments - county, state, or federal).[/li][li]a fishing license is not required by a landowner and their immediate family when fishing on their land.[/li][/ul][/indent]

anyways. a couple of questions (if you don't mind)

1. Where are some good fishing lakes/rivers near marietta or roswell?

[indent][#800080][size 4]Have you tried acworth lake? it is about 8 miles north west of Marietta on Cobb PK WY NW.[/size][/#800080]

[#800080][size 4]Murphy Chandler lake about 6 miles due south of roswell, it on W Nancy Creek Dr NE[/size][/#800080]

[/indent]
2. What baits are good and what colors? (of course live baits, but i mean like senkos, jigs, lures, etc.)

[#800080][size 4]Wattermellon is always good, red and black in the morning and evening or over cast days. greanish yellow or chartruce is a must for every box. It never hurts to have metal flake white for when all else fails...[/size][/#800080]

3. Will I need some sort of fishing license when i fish there? I'm only 15. Next time I go down though is probably going to be next summer, when i'm 16.

[#800080][size 4]I answered that one above.[/size][/#800080]

Thanks![/quote]

good luck, and be sure to let us know of your trips good and bad,

Welcome to our site and thanks for posting your question here, hope we could be of assistance...
[signature]
o yea most definetly. Thanks a lot![laugh]
[signature]