Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wading jacket
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3][Image: happy.gif]Wanted to pick up a wading jacket at my fly shop today and was almost tempted to buy a Cloudveil Pro GORE-TEX Jacket which was reduced from $435 to $199 but unfortunately then only had one left and it might have been too tight while wearing a few under garments. Heck I still have my stimulus money and wanted to do my share to kick start the economy. LOL So besides Simms [too expensive] who else makes a good all around wading jacket? [/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
Check cabelas.com. they always have something
on sale. I like the feedbacks a lot.

Peter
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3][Image: bobmad.gif]Actually I won't do business with Cabelas any more. Had ordered some fishing shorts a while back and when it arrived I discovered that they were too big. The size was mis-marked. Well then wanted to charge me return shipping & stocking as they claimed no responsibility for mis-marked items. After some haggling they gave me full credit. I now deal with Orvis & BassPro.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
[quote Dryrod][font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3][.img][url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/images/gforum/bobmad.gif[/img]Actually"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/...ad.gif[/img]Actually[/url] I won't do business with Cabelas any more. Had ordered some fishing shorts a while back and when it arrived I discovered that they were too big. The size was mis-marked. Well then wanted to charge me return shipping & stocking as they claimed no responsibility for mis-marked items. After some haggling they gave me full credit. I now deal with Orvis & BassPro.[/size][/#008000][/font][/quote]

Ok, I can fully understand your problem with Cabelas. However you are really cutting your self short by
not doing business with them. They have great stuff
and REALLY good sales on fly fishing stuff.
I bought St.crox $150.00 rod on sale for $60.00. I use
that rod all the time and love it. Thats just one of many
good deals I got there.
Now dont take this the wrong way but the only person
that looses here is YOU.
Just my 2c.

Peter
[signature]
HODGEMAN DOES MAKE A NICE MODEL FOR ABOUT 80 DOLLARS..BUT BE CAREFULL ON SIZEING...THERE ALWAYS SMALLER THEN THE SIZE SAYS..I GOT A HODGEMAN COLD WEATHER SPECIAL LAST YEAR FOR 95.00 REALLY WARM AND LOTS OF STORAGE ROOM..AND WATTERPROOF
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3]Thanks guys. I would consider a Cabalas product or anyone else's but only if it's an in person purchase. Like yesterday I tried on several different brands and found the mediums in each varied in fit. Pockets on some were to shallow, etc, etc. Just somethings can't be evaluated from a pic & on-line description. Forgot about Hodgman's clothing - just checked and they're are several possibilities. Prices seem reasonable.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
i was checking out one of there new wading vests that has a removable insulated lining and a a little more body coverage..longer bottom with opyional sleaves..i dont know if its gortex or just watter proff..
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3][Image: happy.gif]If you see $$$ good chances it is Gore_Tex. BTW there is water proof & water resistant. The later will shed off a light rain but in a downpour you are in for an internal shower.lol[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
I like my ORVIS. Not Gore-tex, but just as good in my opinion.
Unfortunately, it will cost a little more, but the waterproof cuffs are the best. I can stick my arm in the water up to my shoulder and my under clothes are nice and dry, even the under cuffs.

Peter, chances are as far as the rod, I am betting anyplace that carries St. Croix could offer the same deal, but I do agree, Cabela's has some dynamite deals at times.
Dry Rod, I bought some MULTI TIP Spey liner normally $140. or so, but it was marked at $69. So basically we got two for the price of one. $140. for line is hard to swallow, but for TWO is is doable. They even had a couple Sharkskins for $69. special.
It's funny how it only takes one bad incident to sour someone but it does happen.

I agree you might wanna try again...[Wink]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3]OMG $140 clams for a line!!! And here I thought spending $60+ on my last line was heavy. Hey but look at all the money we're saving on leaders. Did you ever get around to tying in more than one tippet ring on your furl? If so how did that work out for you? Speaking about Orvis I ordered something a while back and received the wrong size - no problem - just return it for a refund or receive the right size.[laugh]. [/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
Think of it this way...$140. but four different tips that are 15' long .
A Type III, TypeVI, Intermediate and Floating, so basically FOUR lines for that price.
That makes sense. That plus only need one reel...WOHOO!
And finally, IT'S WINCUTTER!!!!!! Love that line.
[signature]
And seeing how these guys are right around the corner from me, check these out (WJ)
http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/204,4...r-Men.html
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3][Image: happy.gif]The price is right with lots of nice features. Looks like everyone is hurting a bit for there are sales going on all over the place.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
if you want to scimp a little they sell the spray on cans of watter repellent for tents..3.00 a can..i bought a 4 pack for 9.00 ..i used a whole can on my last jacket and never got wet even in the heviest down pour..it works..it does have a funny oder to it though...
[signature]
[inline c_pin.jpg][font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3]Yea I noticed. lol[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
hey i cant deny my hollander heritage..ill stink a little bit if i can save a few dollors..
[signature]